Re: Can't delay load NCSEcw.dll

Intergraph Geospatial Forum - Automated Email

Oct 18, 2013, 9:53:34 AM10/18/13
to erdas-communitie...@googlegroups.com

Re: Can't delay load NCSEcw.dll
By pmeems in ERDAS ECW JPEG2000 SDK

I've made some progress.

I rebuild GDAL with the static version of the ECW file and also used the static lib in MapWinGIS. Now I don't have any compile error anymore.
These are now my GDAL settings:
ECWDIR   =  $(GDAL_HOME)\..\ERDAS-ECW-JPEG-2000-SDK-5.0
ECWFLAGS =  -DECWSDK_VERSION=50 /DNCSECW_EXPORTS \
            -I$(ECWDIR)\include \
            -I$(ECWDIR)\include/NCSECW/API \
            -I$(ECWDIR)\include/NCSECW/JP2 \
            -I$(ECWDIR)\include/NCSECW/ECW
ECWLIB   =  $(ECWDIR)\lib\vc90\$(PLATFORM_NAME)\NCSEcwS.lib

GdalInfo.exe can open all 3 sample files:

  • Greyscale.ecw
  • Greyscale2.jp2
  • Greyscale2.ntf

MapWinGIS (which is an ActiveX control you can drop on your WinForms application) can also display the ecw file. But the ntf file takes forever (freezes the application) and opening the jp2 results in a SEHException.

In MapWinGIS we 'just' call GDALOpen(). Our function to open image files is called LoadRaster and is the first method in https://mapwingis.svn.codeplex.com/svn/MapWinGIS/trunk/Image/tkRaster.cpp

Most likely I'm not building correctly (gdal and/or MapWinGIS) but I'm not sure how to fix this.

Our Visual Studio 2008 project can be found here: https://mapwingis.svn.codeplex.com/svn/MapWinGIS/trunk/MapWinGIS.vcproj
We use "Release|Win32", which is the first configuration.

Thanks,

Paul

  2. To stop all notifications of any updated items from Intergraph Geospatial Forum, go to Edit Profile, click on the Site Options tab, then under Email Configuration, set Send Notifications to "No".