Fw: ERAS Minutes Jan meeting

Jacqueline Satterlee

Jan 29, 2022, 11:43:51 AM1/29/22
to ERASART GOOGLE, Jacqueline Satterlee
Elmira Regional Art Society January. 27,2022 Arnot Art Museum
Attendance: Betsy Drake, Barb Kurcoba, Betsy Kent, Sue Perkins, Jerry Lindsay, Mark and
Diane Woodhouse, Doug Dublin

1. Treasurer report/ Dues. Barb presented the Report - moved to accept by Jerry Lindsay -
seconded by Mark Woodhouse

2. Web page - no new information at this time

3. Palette - Dates will be distributed for drop off and pick up. The reception change for next
year will be Jan 5, so it will be at the end of the exhibit. This will make it much better for
the jurors time to judge and we will be able to award the popular vote winner.

4. Scholastic Awards - Due to covid there will not be an award presentation at the Clemens
Center - so no ERAS ushers will be needed this year.

5. Exhibit Signs - we have ERAS framed paper signs at most venues, some are missing.
There was a sign at the library with a sticker placed on the class. We will look into
replacing the framed signs with something with more of a presence. We did have signs in
the past that were on metal. Options will be explored by the Exec committee and exhibit
chairs.

6. Exhibit Committee - Doris Vaughn will work with Gloria on the Exhibit committee to call
exhibitors at monthly changes, request exhibitors and contact members as needed. She is
expanding her phone role and will be very helpful to the exhibiting contacts.

7. Exhibit sign - up. St Joes cafeteria is available for March and April- if interested call Gloria.

8. February meeting has been canceled due to concerns about a dish to pass luncheon and
 covid restrictions or concerns.

9. Warning to members. Someone “Mimi” was calling members for an unknown purpose.
 It appeared that she had a directory, we don’t know how or why. Betsy alerted all members
via email. She also contacted the Sheriff's department so that it was on the record,
although nothing able to do at this time.

10. Programs -
March-Denny Smith at his studio,
April - Jerry Lindsay,
May - Lisa Gillis - critique

Evening Presenter - Rick Pirozzolo Executive Director & Curator of the Arnot Art Museum:

Rick presented an excellent State of the Arts overview at the museum!
-the current Jack Walsh Quilt Exhibit which ends Saturday
-This year's focus of a Community Season- making the museum more accessible,
bringing in new audiences and outreach to the community.

NEW audio with phone
scans, closed captions and visual descriptions to be more inclusive.

Donations as admission price yielded donations to 4 community organizations

 - Hearts Desire - major fundraiser will be held via zoom again this year.

Surveys of last years ‘attendees’ will be used to select museum pieces for this year's exhibit “Defining
Community”. Chosen by the community.

Upcoming exhibits:

Women in Figurative Style (major award winners)

May 16- Aug 5   "Rising Voices":
Construct -contemporary and historical Gender in Portraiture

September:
77th Regional Exhibit - works from 15 states in the NE. With $10,000 in prizes.

AAM staff changes: A 2nd curator position will be hired - it will be a team approach to accomplishing tasks at the museum

Concluding our meeting with a task!!

***********
Our meeting was in the EAST Gallery where the 79th scholastic art award
winners are on exhibit. The young new talent from 7 counties is on display and worth
the trip to see.
This scholastic show is on the countries map because it is the longest running venue
and displays ALL awarded works. Some winners may
 go on to state or national exhibits.
Rick presented the attendees at our meeting to vote for 2 winners - to select the
winners of the ERAS Award of $100 and $150 to the selected students!!!!!!
Such an honor and thrill to be a part of the decision!! Thankyou Rick!!!
The works are of all media, judging criteria is. original, technical execution, and
personal vision.
He foresees that this will be an annual part of our January meeting as the scholastic
exhibit will be in the East Gallery—
 Remember to attend and participate!!!
( it also makes you realize how difficult it is especially with a variety of mediums like our
Palette exhibit!)

Respectfully submitted,
Betsy Kent Secretary

ERAS meeting Jan 22.pdf

Susan Perkins

Feb 7, 2022, 3:53:20 PM2/7/22
to era...@googlegroups.com, Jacqueline Satterlee
For Gloria O’ Sullivan,
With all the packing I cannot find my list of exhibition venues.  Would you email to me the list or will you be at Chapel Park Wednesday??

Sue Perkins

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 29, 2022, at 11:50 AM, Jacqueline Satterlee <jcsat...@hotmail.com> wrote:

--