Fwd: Watercolor prospectus

Jacqueline Satterlee

Aug 4, 2022, 3:46:36 PM8/4/22
to ERASART GOOGLE

From: Allen C. Smith <critte...@stny.rr.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 4, 2022, 11:24 AM
To: Allen Smith <critte...@stny.rr.com>
Subject: Watercolor prospectus

Attention Regional Artists:

Once again, it’s time for my annual request for a watercolor painting to grace the calendar of a local corporation. This painting will be the only image on the calendar and will be sent to the corporation’s friends and clients worldwide. They use this to demonstrate their printing process and to show their friends what it looks like in our part of the world.

In years past they have selected fall landscapes, lake views, etc. Last year they told me they’re looking for something "different.” I don’t know what that means, nothing like my work, of course, just something out of the ordinary.

The requirements are specific, as follows:

* It must be watercolor on paper (it does not need to be framed).

* The final size of the printed image will be approximately 9 x 13 inches (horizontal), but your painting can be larger.

* The subject should be an “Elmira region” landscape, but it does not need to be site-specific.

The corporation will purchase the painting at your asking price and will pay a small one-time use fee for reproduction rights. The painting will become part of their permanent collection.

How to submit your work:

Make a jpeg of your painting, clear and focused. Email the jpeg to me. Include in the body of your email your name, address, phone number, the title and size of the painting, and your asking price.

Deadline for submissions is August 31, 2022.

Although I collect the submissions and supply them to the corporation, I do not make the final selection. That is performed by the corporation.

Call me if you have questions.

Thank you.

Denny Smith

607-425-7739

critte...@stny.rr.com

Please share with anyone you know who might like to apply.