EqualsVerifier stop working after upgrade hibernate-validator version

Gustavo Neves

Jun 8, 2021, 8:16:25 AM6/8/21
to equalsverifier
Dear all, I hope you are doing well!

I was using the hibernate-validator version 5.4.2 and java 8 spring boot 1.5.15, we are using the EqualsVerifier to test Equals and HashCode for all the entities, after change de hibernate-validator version from 5.4.2 to 6.2.0 some models stop working on equals and hashcode validation, I saw that all models that have some annotation from the Jakarta or javax.validation like: @NotNull, @Past, @AssertTrue, @Valid etc... is not working anymore, the error that I can see on the log is: No such instance method: 'void nl.jqno.equalsverifier.internal.asm.ClassReader.accept(org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor, int).

I read something about the asm conflict or upgrade the cglib-nodep but I can't put to work again, could you help me given some information about it?

I'm using the versions bellow of EqualsVerifier and Hibernate-Validator:

//EqualsVerifier
<dependency>
<groupId>nl.jqno.equalsverifier</groupId>
<artifactId>equalsverifier</artifactId>
<version>1.7.1</version>
<scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

//Hibernate-Validator
<dependency>
<groupId>org.hibernate</groupId>
<artifactId>hibernate-validator</artifactId>
<version>6.2.0.Final</version>
<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.jboss.logging</groupId>
<artifactId>jboss-logging</artifactId>
</exclusion>
<exclusion>
<groupId>org.jboss.spec.javax.transaction</groupId>
<artifactId>jboss-transaction-api_1.2_spec</artifactId>
</exclusion>
</exclusions>
</dependency>

Thank you for your help

Jan Ouwens

Jun 10, 2021, 3:30:00 AM6/10/21
to equalsverifier
Hi Gustavo,

I'm not sure what's going on here either.

But you're using EqualsVerifier 1.7.1, which is more than 6 years old at this point. I recommend that you upgrade to a more recent version (3.6.1 is the current version right now) and try again...

Regards,
Jan