QtWebKit/QtWebEngine: surprising discovery!!

polos

Mar 25, 2017, 5:22:01 PM3/25/17
to eql-user
Just wanted to share this experience of mine (on Linux):

1) Today I first compiled EQL5 with Qt5.5 (including the :webkit module).

2) Then I re-compiled everything with Qt5.8 (including the :webengine module, but excluding the :webkit module).

Now the surprise:

Trying to run ("for fun") the Qt5.5 "webkit" examples worked perfectly, even using an EQL5 compiled with Qt5.8!!

So, I'm now in the situation to be able to do:

  (qrequire :webkit)
  (qrequire :webengine)

in the same EQL5 instance, even though both modules have been compiled with different Qt versions...

(This may be clear to you, but I feel puzzled right now...)