How to add new signal/slot?

Marek Kochanowicz

Apr 2, 2017, 7:22:30 AM4/2/17
to eql-user
Hello,

I'm trying to learn how to use EQL5 by reimplementing example application from this blog https://gorkovchanin.wordpress.com/2015/05/02/building-a-common-lisp-gui-with-commonqt/ Hovewer main widget is a subclass created in lisp code, and not only it overrides few qt methods, but also adds few new slots. I couldn't find anything in example so figure out how to do this in EQL5 so perhaps someone can help me a little bit.

PR

Apr 2, 2017, 9:13:49 AM4/2/17
to eql-...@googlegroups.com
> Hovewer main widget is a subclass created in lisp code, and not only it
> overrides few qt methods, but also adds few new slots. I couldn't find
> anything in example so figure out how to do this in EQL5 so perhaps someone

Qt "slots" are only needed in C++, in Lisp you simply don't need them!
Just connect Qt signals to a Lisp function or lambda expression
(acting also as a closure).

Paul

Marek Kochanowicz

Apr 2, 2017, 9:27:46 AM4/2/17
to eql-user
Ok, thanks for answer. :-)

Marek Kochanowicz

Apr 2, 2017, 11:32:45 AM4/2/17
to eql-user
Well, I'm still trying to make it working. For some reason my event will not launch (i don't know why).
Here is my code. What i am doing wrong?
https://pastebin.com/ynghy983

Marek Kochanowicz

Apr 2, 2017, 12:29:33 PM4/2/17
to eql-user
Ok, don't mind it. It works okish if i run it from outside of slime. I guess i really should have read readme ;-)

PR

Apr 3, 2017, 4:39:42 AM4/3/17
to eql-...@googlegroups.com
> Ok, don't mind it. It works okish if i run it from outside of slime. I
> guess i really should have read readme ;-)

Some notes:

- everything should run in Slime as well, if you set it up as
described in "eql5/doc/Slime.htm"

- please note the EQL functions 'qload-ui', 'qfind-child',
'defvar-ui', 'qeql', which are EQL specific, and don't exist in
CommonQt