web-based documentation resource for EnergyPlus

Peter Ellis

Jun 24, 2013, 3:54:31 AM6/24/13
to epx-dev...@googlegroups.com

We just launched a new web-based documentation resource for EnergyPlus/EPx today.

We are able to use the "source" documents to generate and publish web-based versions of the standard documentation, namely:

Features include a table of contents, an object index, linking between objects, and Google Custom Search (coming soon).

This is a beta release so we know there are still some issues to fix. For example, a number of images and equations did not convert very well. We will be working to fix these and other problems in the coming months.

Currently the web-based documentation covers only the Input Output Reference and Engineering Reference for EnergyPlus 8.0. If there is interest, we may add more documents for 8.0, and also 7.2, in the future.

I'd be happy to go into detail about the process we developed to generate the web-based docs in a separate thread. We can also start to think about reorganizing and improving the documentation in the spirit of EPx. Ideas are welcome. Maybe we can revive the previous EPx/EnergyPlus documentation thread for discussion.