Problem for generating variable file (the CSV result file) with the debug version

Benoit Delcroix

Aug 9, 2013, 11:11:31 AM8/9/13
to epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have tried to compile and build a new version of E+ (debug version). And all works very well except that, when I run a simulation (with the both in files (idf and epw)), the CSV file with the results of each variable is not generated. But I have well edited the idf file with the following lines:
Output:Variable,*,Surface Inside Face Temperature,Timestep;
Output:Variable,*,Surface Outside Face Temperature,Timestep;
Output:Variable,*,Site Diffuse Solar Radiation Rate per Area,Timestep;
Output:Variable,*,Site Direct Solar Radiation Rate per Area,Timestep;

And it works when I used EPlaunch. So maybe it is inherent to the debug version?

Thanks a lot,

Best regards,

Benoit

Neal Kruis

Aug 9, 2013, 11:33:51 AM8/9/13
to epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Benoit,

CSV output is not created by EnergyPlus, but by an auxiliary program called ReadVarsESO which we do not (yet) have the source code to build it yet. You can use the ReadVarsESO that comes with the standard release of EnergyPlus to perform this conversion.

Neal Kruis