Re: Question: Is there any way to get monthly consumption data of "Other Fuel"?

Message has been deleted

Neal Kruis

Apr 16, 2013, 6:35:09 PM4/16/13
to epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Mujing,

This forum is for discussion on developing the open-source fork of EnergyPlus, and is not intended to be used as a user-support forum. If you haven't already, I'd suggest posting your question to the yahoo support group:

Best of luck!

Neal

On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 4:21:15 PM UTC-6, Mujing Wang wrote:
Hi everyone in this community,

I was trying to customize the IDF file so that EnergyPlus can generate monthly consumption data for different types of fuels. I did this successfully for "Electricity" by appending the following code into the IDF file:

Output:Table:Monthly,
  End Use Energy Consumption Electricity Monthly,   ! Name
  3,                                                ! Digits After Decimal
  Cooling:Electricity,                              ! Variable or Meter 1 Name
  SumOrAverage,                                     ! Aggregation Type for Variable or Meter 1
  InteriorLights:Electricity,
  SumOrAverage;

However, if I replace "Electricity" with "Other Fuel", this approach no longer works; I could not get monthly data of Cooling, Heating, Lighting, etc., which use "Other Fuel" as their fuel type. "Other Fuel" here refers to the fuel type that is neither "Electricity" nor "Natural Gas".

I am wondering if EnergyPlus provides any sort of methods that allows me to get the monthly consumption data for "Other Fuel". I have briefly gone through relevant sections in this and this, but did not find anything helpful. Is there anyone who could provide me any additional documentation, references, or comments about this issue?

Thanks,
Mujing