Compiling - simulation hanging

瀏覽次數:24 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Sebastien Brideau

未讀,
2014年2月25日 下午5:11:362014/2/25
收件者:epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I followed the instructions here: http://bigladdersoftware.com/epx/developer-tutorial/build-from-command-line.html to compile EP (not EPx, I am just starting and I'd like to be able to compile EP properly first).

Everything seems to work fine (no errors while compiling).  When I try running a simulation however, it hangs at "Reporting Surfaces".  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Sébastien

Neal Kruis

未讀,
2014年2月25日 下午5:36:552014/2/25
收件者:epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Sébastien,

I'd love to help you solve your problem. First, can you provide some information about your system?

What operating system are you using?
Are you experiencing this problem with Release builds or Debug builds or both?

Thanks,

Neal

Sebastien Brideau

未讀,
2014年2月25日 下午5:38:572014/2/25
收件者:epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
I'm using windows 7 Pro.

I am experiencing the same issue with Release and Debug.

Sebastien Brideau

未讀,
2014年2月25日 下午5:44:232014/2/25
收件者:epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Actually, to be more precise, I get a segmentation fault in debug

Neal Kruis

未讀,
2014年2月25日 晚上7:03:562014/2/25
收件者:epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
I did some tests and didn't see a problem with my Debug build, but I do see a similar problem with my Release build. My advice from this post seemed to fix the problem for me. When I get a chance I will take some more time looking into a more permanent fix.

Let me know if this same solution works for you. Otherwise I'm happy to dig deeper with you.

Neal

Sebastien Brideau

未讀,
2014年2月25日 晚上7:11:042014/2/25
收件者:epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I saw that post. I tried it and it didn't work for me.  thanks for trying though.  I really don't understand compiling all that well but I'll try to find some other way.

Neal Kruis

未讀,
2014年2月25日 晚上7:29:302014/2/25
收件者:epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Can you send me the input file and weather file you are using? It's possible that the problem is specific to one of those files.

Also, are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit system?

Sebastien Brideau

未讀,
2014年2月25日 晚上8:06:252014/2/25
收件者:epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
Hi Neal,

I just got it to work!!! I've been working on this all day so I'm pumped.

The solution was to install tdm-gcc-64, not 32.  Then changing that flag that you discussed in the other post (-O to -O2).

Thank you so much for your help.  That last question you asked got me think that I should try it.  No idea why it would make a difference, but I'll take it.

Cheers

Sébastien
回覆所有人
回覆作者