EPx developer tutorial now (finally) available!

Neal Kruis

Jun 7, 2013, 6:47:15 PM6/7/13
to epx-dev...@googlegroups.com
We are pleased to announce that we are now ready to share our long-awaited EPx Developer Tutorial.

The objective of this tutorial is to provide step-by-step instructions for how to build EPx/EnergyPlus using 100% free, cross-platform development tools. It covers everything from setting up a development environment to compiling and debugging the source code. The tutorial is available here:

http://bigladdersoftware.com/epx/developer-tutorial/

The tutorial is still a work in progress; several rough spots remain. Nonetheless we hope it is sufficient to enable more members of the group to get started with development. We would enthusiastically welcome any feedback and suggestions on how we can improve the content and the development process. Please post any responses the the EPx Developers Google Group.

Thanks,
The EPx Team

Chairani Fauzi Bakti

Sep 14, 2016, 11:58:03 PM9/14/16
to EPx Developers
Hi.. the first time i want to introduce my self.
My name is chairani, i'm a student in University Gadjah Mada, Yogyakarta, Indonesia.
My thesis topic is energy management system in smart building. I need open source software to develop my rule in building for energy consumption using Energy Plus.
Can I take EPx developer tutorial ?

and If i develop Energy Plus using ERL from the EMS file, how can I debugging and running for that ?

I'm very thankfull for your answer

Chairani Fauzi Bakti

Kiyo Matsui

Jan 10, 2017, 8:43:16 AM1/10/17
to EPx Developers
Hi Neal,

This link no longer seems to be working. Is there any way I can get a copy?

Kiyo