Using EpubLib on Android

Edward Pie

May 14, 2014, 7:15:27 AM5/14/14
to epu...@googlegroups.com

I'm currently building an Ebooks reader app for Android and I'm using your library with the following snippets

public void renderAsEpubViaViewer(UILibraryItem libraryItem){
        try {
            String filePath = LibraryDownloadsDatabase.getString(getActivity(), libraryItem.id, null);
            File downloadedEpuFile = new File(filePath);
            Book epubBook = (new EpubReader()).readEpub(new FileInputStream(downloadedEpuFile));
            Log.i("EPUBLIB", epubBook.getTitle());
        } catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }

but the epub isn't showing. Meanwhile I am able to log other metadata about the epub.
Please is there anything am missing?

Matías Fabián Salomón

Jun 24, 2014, 7:24:26 AM6/24/14
to epu...@googlegroups.com
Hi! First, sorry for my english.

How are you with your proyect? Did yo can integrate epublib with your Android Proyect?
I want to build an Ebook reader with a few features, just for me.

Have you a notebook with your progress or any documentation to read?

祝颂

Jun 16, 2015, 11:11:37 AM6/16/15
to epu...@googlegroups.com
Hi, sorry to interrupt.But I met a problem when I was using Epub, I'm searching for help.

ExceptionIniIntializerError happened when I need to initialize EpubReader(eg: Book book = new EpubReader().readEpub(is);).

Did you met this problem? Or have you done any configuration work before using Epublib(something like change manifest.xml or add other *.so file)?

Sorry again and thanks!

在 2014年5月14日星期三 UTC+8下午7:15:27,Edward Pie写道: