Third party CSS and EPUBCheck

Ric Wright

Feb 19, 2016, 1:42:42 PM2/19/16
to epub...@googlegroups.com
I’m writing an EPUB tutorial book on using WebGL with EPUB (just for fun and as an example for the Readium samples page).  It leverages three.js so I have a whole bunch of JS examples in the book.  I wanted to make it look good so I am using prism-js.  It works great inside the EPUB but when I run epubcheck I get this error:

ERROR(CSS-001): ./Sandbox-NeHe-EPUB.epub/EPUB/css/prism.css(14,2): The 'direction' property must not be included in an EPUB Style Sheet.

I don’t want to go in an hack prism’s JavaScript.  It seems rude of EPUBCheck to complain about third party libraries like this.  Is there a way to work around this?  I can get the non-minified version and modify it, but that seems rude. Not to mention I have keep repeating it.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Ric

Dave Cramer

Feb 19, 2016, 1:56:20 PM2/19/16
to epub...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ric,

I filed an issue with Prism.

Thanks,

Dave

Ric Wright

Feb 19, 2016, 1:58:55 PM2/19/16
to epub...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Dave!

Romain

Feb 19, 2016, 3:29:18 PM2/19/16
to epub...@googlegroups.com
 Is there a way to work around this?

Apart from disabling the check in the source and re-building EpubCheck, I don't think so. :(

Best,
Romain.

Dave Cramer

Feb 19, 2016, 3:55:57 PM2/19/16
to epub...@googlegroups.com
Prism JS's author, Lea Verou (who's on the CSSWG) just commented that she's OK with removing this.

Ric Wright

Feb 19, 2016, 6:51:41 PM2/19/16
to epub...@googlegroups.com
Excellent
Thanks Dave
I edited my copy of the code but it's nice to know it will be official .   :-)

Sent with my thumbs

Dave Cramer

Feb 19, 2016, 6:57:23 PM2/19/16
to epub...@googlegroups.com
I think prism already made the fix, and closed the issue

The system works! :)

Sent from my iPhone

Ric Wright

Feb 21, 2016, 1:19:40 PM2/21/16
to epub...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I downloaded the new version and it is clean.

Thanks
Ric

From: <epub...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Dave Cramer <dau...@gmail.com>
Date: Friday, February 19, 2016 at 5:57 PM