EPUB Accessibility Techniques 1.0 : French translation ?

AUDRAIN LUC

Dec 21, 2016, 1:27:37 PM12/21/16
to epub-work...@googlegroups.com
Dear editors of the "EPUB Accessibility Techniques 1.0 informal document",

On behalf of the « Normes & Standards » working group I am leading inside the French publishers association (SNE)[1], I’d like to know if you received already any proposal for a French translation of this document?

If not, we would be keen to work on it as one of the results of our work this year, as our N&S group is working on the Accessibility subject to contribute to born accessible publications in France.
We are thus considering all facets of a11y, and one of these is to produce recommendations for publisher members of SNE as what they should ask to their EPUB suppliers in term of a11y. Translating this document would necessarily contribute to better understanding among the French suppliers community.

Please let me know.

Best regards and a very happy Christmas to all of you.
Luc

Luc Audrain
Hachette Livre
Direction Innovation

Cristina Mussinelli

Dec 21, 2016, 6:09:10 PM12/21/16
to epub-work...@googlegroups.com

Dear all,

following the idea proposed by Luc we consider very interesting, we as Fondazione LIA, the no profit organization create by the Italian Publishers Association to promote accessibility of digital content, can propose to translate the document in Italian. We have already done it with other international documents.

Thank you for the attention and best whishes

Cristina Mussinelli

ASSOCIAZIONE ITALIANA EDITORI - C.so di Porta Romana 108 - 20122 MILANO - Tel. 0289280800  - Fax 0289280860
Uffici di Roma - Via Crescenzio 19 - 00193 Roma - Tel. 0695222100 - Fax 0695222101
Sito Internet: www.aie.it - Posta elettronica certificata: aie...@pec.aie.it

Confidentiality Notice
Il presente messaggio, e ogni eventuale documento a questo allegato, potrebbe contenere informazioni da considerarsi strettamente riservate ad esclusivo utilizzo del destinatario in indirizzo, il quale e' l'unico autorizzato ad usarlo, copiarlo e, sotto la propria responsabilita', diffonderlo. Chiunque ricevesse questo messaggio per errore o comunque lo leggesse senza esserne legittimato e' avvertito che trattenerlo, copiarlo, divulgarlo, distribuirlo a persone diverse dal destinatario e' severamente proibito ed e' pregato di darne notizia immediatamente al mittente oltre che cancellare il messaggio e i suoi eventuali allegati dal proprio sistema. Le opinioni espresse nel messaggio sono quelle proprie del mittente, se non diversamente e specificatamente dichiarato dal mittente stesso.

This message, and any attached file transmitted with it, contains information that may be confidential or privileged for the sole use of the intended recipient who only may use, copy and, under his responsibility, further disseminate it. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail or read it without entitlement be advised that keeping, copying, disseminating or distributing this message to persons other than the intended recipient is strictly forbidden. You are to notify immediately to the sender and to delete this message and any file attached from your system. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically states otherwise.

Da: <epub-work...@googlegroups.com> per conto di Luc AUDRAIN <LAUD...@hachette-livre.fr>
Risposta: "epub-work...@googlegroups.com" <epub-work...@googlegroups.com>
Data: mercoledì 21 dicembre 2016 19:26

A: "epub-work...@googlegroups.com" <epub-work...@googlegroups.com>
Oggetto: EPUB Accessibility Techniques 1.0 : French translation ?

Matt Garrish

Dec 21, 2016, 9:12:08 PM12/21/16
to epub-work...@googlegroups.com

Hi Luc,

I think it would be fantastic to see the accessibility guidelines in other languages, but it's probably a discussion to have with Bill McCoy. I don't know if there are procedures that need to be followed for doing translations.

Matt

MURATA Makoto

Dec 21, 2016, 9:46:17 PM12/21/16
to epub-work...@googlegroups.com
In W3C, there are rules for translations of W3C documents.

Regards,
Makoto

Makoto

Avneesh Singh

Dec 22, 2016, 12:38:39 AM12/22/16
to epub-work...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

Translations are welcome, it helps a lot in world wide adoption.
but we need to confirm the IDPF process for translations before we move forward.

Luc, for your specific question, we have not received request for French translations yet.

With regards
Avneesh
Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 08:16

AUDRAIN LUC

Dec 22, 2016, 2:01:19 AM12/22/16
to epub-work...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you for your supportive answers.

It’s a relief to know that no one is already working on it as our N&S group has dedicated 2 persons who have already started the translation.

In any case, we will wait official IDPF position before making it public. Would it be impossible, this French version would stay an internal document useful for the group itself.

Best,
Luc

De : <epub-work...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Avneesh Singh <avnee...@gmail.com>
Répondre à : "epub-work...@googlegroups.com" <epub-work...@googlegroups.com>
Date : jeudi 22 décembre 2016 06:38
À : "epub-work...@googlegroups.com" <epub-work...@googlegroups.com>

Elie Mietkiewicz

Dec 22, 2016, 4:10:52 AM12/22/16
to epub-work...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I ever you need any help on the proofreading or the translation itself in French let me know, I would be glad to help.

Best regards,

Elie

Sent: Thursday, December 22, 2016 08:16
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to epub-working-group+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Elie Mietkiewicz
Product Manager, in charge of epub standard

AUDRAIN LUC

Dec 22, 2016, 7:48:55 AM12/22/16
to epub-work...@googlegroups.com
Thanks,