Request for Contributors to Co-Sign IDPF EPUB 3.1 Submission to W3C

Bill McCoy

Nov 28, 2016, 12:35:56 PM11/28/16
to epub-work...@googlegroups.com
Dear EPUB Working Group Members,

As one element of finalizing the planned combination of IDPF with W3C, IDPF anticipates submitting EPUB 3.1 to W3C as a W3C Member Submission (presuming EPUB 3.1 is completed and approved by IDPF Members as a final Recommended Specification).

IDPF and W3C would like all organizations that contributed to the development of EPUB specifications to co-sign IDPF's member submission. This will facilitate the transfer of this important intellectual property and memorialize your organization's contributions to a critical open standard.

A request for co-signers was just published on idpf.org(http://idpf.org/news/request-for-contributors-to-co-sign-idpf-epub-31-submission-to-w3c). This request is of course applicable to all current EPUB Working Group members so we would appreciate your participation, particularly if your organization made material contributions to the development of EPUB.

An authorization, which includes a draft of the cover for the prospective submission, is located at http://idpf.org/sites/default/files/EPUB_3_1_authorization_with_cover.pdf

This request for co-signers is applicable to all current and former IDPF member organizations that contributed to any version of EPUB (including contributions to extension specifications that were subsequently incorporated into EPUB). Please note that, as provided in the authorization, the prospective submission will take place if and only if the combination of IDPF with W3C is finalized as planned.

If your organization contributed to the development of EPUB specifications, please sign the submission authorization at your earliest convenience (but no later than December 21, 2016), and email a scan of the signed authorization to bmc...@idpf.org (or remit by physical mail to IDPF, 113 Cherry St. Ste 70-719 Seattle, WA 98110 USA).

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

This request is also being sent to IDPF Member Primary Representatives, apologies in advance for any duplication.

Thanks,

--Bill
--

Bill McCoy
Executive Director

Ric Wright

Nov 28, 2016, 12:40:24 PM11/28/16
to IDPF WG
Do you wish me to do this on behalf of Readium, or do you wish to do it yourself?

Thanks
Ric

Daniel Glazman

Nov 29, 2016, 1:11:22 AM11/29/16
On 28/11/2016 18:35, Bill McCoy wrote:

> IDPF and W3C would like all organizations that contributed to the
> development of EPUB specifications to co-sign IDPF's member submission.
> This will facilitate the transfer of this important intellectual
> property and memorialize your organization's contributions to a critical
> open standard.

Hello Bill,

Should Invited Experts sign that form too? Thanks.

Best regards,

</Daniel>

Patrick Pagano

Nov 29, 2016, 8:59:42 AM11/29/16
to epub-work...@googlegroups.com

Please do.

Thanks Ric.

Pat Pagano
Director, Digital Content Operations

Barnes & Noble.com

ppa...@book.com

bn_nook_email_signature_logo-75

This electronic mail message contains information that (a) is or
may be CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR OTHERWISE
PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and (b) is intended only for the use of
the addressee(s) named herein. If you are not an intended
recipient, please contact the sender immediately and take the
steps necessary to delete the message completely from your
computer system.

Not Intended as a Substitute for a Writing: Notwithstanding the
Uniform Electronic Transaction Act or any other law of similar
effect, absent an express statement to the contrary, this e-mail
message, its contents, and any attachments hereto are not
intended to represent an offer or acceptance to enter into a contract and
are not otherwise intended to bind this sender, Nook Digital, LLC,
Barnes & Noble, Inc. or any other person or entity.

Ori Idan

Nov 29, 2016, 9:40:57 AM11/29/16
to Epub working group
This whole move of merging with the W3C is no more then an act of suicide by the IDPF I am so sorry to see this organization that is dear to my heart going to kill itself, therefore I do not intend to faciliate it in any way.

--
Ori Idan CEO Helicon Books