fxl skeleton publication

Matt Garrish

Mar 28, 2013, 9:43:15 AM3/28/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

I’ve just uploaded a skeleton 0200 publication where we can begin adding basic FXL tests. It doesn’t contain any real tests yet, only a couple of placeholders.

This publication also only sets the pre-paginated property in the package metadata, but we’ll be creating additional publications to test more advanced layout options in the future.

Matt

Vincent Gros

Mar 28, 2013, 11:12:14 AM3/28/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

Some of the itemref in the spine has the properties attribute set to "reflowable". Because of that, I believe that 0200 is not a fully fixed-layout file.

Most of the Reading Systems cannot open such file properly (except Readium).

So, if the purpose of 0200 is to check some basic FXL tests, maybe  we should build a fully FXL content ?

Markus Gylling

Mar 28, 2013, 11:30:46 AM3/28/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com
So, if the purpose of 0200 is to check some basic FXL tests, maybe  we should build a fully FXL content ?

That sounds reasonable to me -- start with some basics, and keep the more advanced "hybrid" tests for a higher series number.

/markus

Ori Idan

Mar 28, 2013, 11:35:56 AM3/28/13
On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Markus Gylling <markus....@gmail.com> wrote:
So, if the purpose of 0200 is to check some basic FXL tests, maybe  we should build a fully FXL content ?

That sounds reasonable to me -- start with some basics, and keep the more advanced "hybrid" tests for a higher series number.

I also think that fixed layout should be a different EPUB.
Hybrid is really advanced.

--
Ori Idan

Matt Garrish

Mar 28, 2013, 11:56:49 AM3/28/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com
Right, fair enough. I was trying to get away with being really lazy on the test-less initial commit, but, yes, every page should be a fixed layout...

Matt Garrish

Mar 28, 2013, 6:06:17 PM3/28/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com
Okay, I’ve undone my sins.