[Media Overlays] TOC link => should start playback at referenced XHTML element, not top of page

Daniel Weck

Oct 7, 2013, 1:17:08 PM10/7/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Readium Contrib, Marisa DeMeglio
Hi Marisa,

following our chat about this issue, I looked into the epub-testsuite EPUB #120, and I realised that the TOC links do not point directly to a MO-enabled XHTML element (i.e. with an explicitly-associated SMIL text@src, or even an ancestor seq@epub:textref). Instead, they reference an XHTML section not directly "indexed" by the SMIL, that wraps descendant MO-enabled XHTML elements.

This *does* make total sense from a user perspective: i.e. "play the first MO-enabled piece of text within this XHTML block", so I will indeed implement this behaviour.

Daniel

Daniel Weck

Oct 7, 2013, 3:09:49 PM10/7/13
to readium-s...@googlegroups.com, epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Marisa DeMeglio
Fixed:

Marisa, could you please confirm that I have addressed the issue correctly?

Thanks! Dan

Marisa DeMeglio

Oct 7, 2013, 3:32:25 PM10/7/13
to Daniel Weck, epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Readium Contrib
Yep, this is a common scenario for MO - not every single element will be associated with SMIL. The reading systems have to search for the first available item within the current scope (page, section, whatever).

Marisa

Marisa DeMeglio

Oct 7, 2013, 3:32:46 PM10/7/13
to Daniel Weck, readium-s...@googlegroups.com, epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com