updating epub3 validator

Strickland, Joel

Apr 11, 2013, 6:52:00 PM4/11/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Kanai, Takeshi, Bhashyam, Meena

Hi all,

I work for the Sony ebook division, and have been asked to help with the IDPF test suite.

I noticed than when I synced with https://github.com/mgylling/epub-testsuite, and ran the built.bat that the validator was throwing:

ERROR: epub30-test-0140.epub/EPUB/xhtml/epubcfi-002.xhtml(15,55): 'EPUB/package.opf': referenced resource is not declared in the OPF manifest

It appeared the problem was that the github project came with the epubcheck-3.0-RC-2 validator.  When I updated it to epubcheck-3.0,  the entire project built and validated correctly.   Shouldn’t we update the github project with the current validator?

Thanks,

-Joel

Ori Idan

Apr 12, 2013, 12:19:43 AM4/12/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Kanai, Takeshi, Bhashyam, Meena
Hi,

This seems to be a problem with your build system since It was built without problems on my system.

--
Ori Idan

Ori Idan

Apr 12, 2013, 2:34:45 AM4/12/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Kanai, Takeshi, Bhashyam, Meena, Markus Gylling
Hi all,

It seems there is a problem with the build system.
When I built the same file manually (zipping all with mimetype first) I found no problem.

Markus, can  you check it?

--
Ori Idan

Matt Garrish

Apr 12, 2013, 9:18:25 AM4/12/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com
I’m getting the same error building from the /util script, as the older version is picking up the CFI as a resource that needs to be identified in the manifest.

As Joel has noted, it’s just a case of needing the latest version of epubcheck, so I’ve just committed an update.

Matt
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to mailto:epub-testsuite-discuss%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com.

Markus Gylling

Apr 12, 2013, 2:01:44 PM4/12/13