Re: TestSuite Document 130 R to L

Ric Wright

Sep 27, 2013, 12:49:25 PM9/27/13
to Kathy Alley, Markus Gylling (markus.gylling@gmail.com), marisa....@gmail.com, Patrick Keating, epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com
+epub-test-suite

Ha.  I sort of assumed that the Japanese WAS the instructions.  But perhaps not.  As I can't read Japanese I just sort of skipped that tests other than noting the first page seemed to correctly lay out the text vertically.

But more generally, shouldn't one of the basic aspects of the tests be that the text on each page of the document IS the instructions?  I don't see the value (except in some special cases) where Lorem Ipsum makes sense.  Far better to have the page's text be the instructions of what it should look like. Makes sense to me, anyway.

Ric

From: Kathy Alley <kal...@bluefirereader.com>
Date: Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:30 PM
To: "Markus Gylling (markus....@gmail.com)" <markus....@gmail.com>
Cc: "marisa....@gmail.com" <marisa....@gmail.com>, Patrick Keating <pkea...@bluefirereader.com>, Ric Wright <rkwr...@geofx.com>
Subject: TestSuite Document 130 R to L

Hi Markus,

I been testing the 130 R to L document, and want to check with you to see if it is finished. There are large sections in Japanese test directions and heading style which don’t have any instructions. And, several pages repeat. The Hebrew version is simply the front page, then it clicks into Japanese.

Please let me know if you are planning to do more work on this test doc.

Thanks so much!

Kathy

Kathy Alley, Project Manager

Bluefire Productions
206.595.6262

Markus Gylling

Sep 27, 2013, 1:33:08 PM9/27/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Kathy Alley, marisa....@gmail.com, Patrick Keating
Ric, thanks for +epub-testsuite.

We'll ask Koike-san, who is on this list, to answer the questions re instructions being included in the test for the rtl section.

shouldn't one of the basic aspects of the tests be that the text on each page of the document IS the instructions?

Yes, thats the approach we use…

/markus

Toshiaki Koike

Sep 27, 2013, 10:41:37 PM9/27/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Kathy Alley, marisa....@gmail.com, Patrick Keating, 蒲生淳
Hi All,

Could you see following sample?
https://github.com/mgylling/epub-testsuite/tree/master/content/30/epub30-test-0130

In this file, I wrote the way of tests both Japanese and English.
Is this insufficient?

> Ric, thanks for +epub-testsuite.
>
> We'll ask Koike-san, who is on this list, to answer the questions re instructions being included in the test for the rtl section.
>
>> shouldn't one of the basic aspects of the tests be that the text on each page of the document IS the instructions?
>
> Yes, thats the approach we use…
>
> /markus
>
> On Sep 27, 2013, at 6:49 PM, Ric Wright <rkwr...@geofx.com <mailto:rkwr...@geofx.com>> wrote:
>
>> +epub-test-suite
>>
>> Ha. I sort of assumed that the Japanese WAS the instructions. But perhaps not. As I can't read Japanese I just sort of skipped that tests other than noting the first page seemed to correctly lay out the text vertically.
>>
>> But more generally, shouldn't one of the basic aspects of the tests be that the text on each page of the document IS the instructions? I don't see the value (except in some special cases) where Lorem Ipsum makes sense. Far better to have the page's text be the instructions of what it should look like. Makes sense to me, anyway.
>>
>> Ric
>>

>> From: Kathy Alley <kal...@bluefirereader.com <mailto:kal...@bluefirereader.com>>
>> Date: Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:30 PM
>> To: "Markus Gylling (markus....@gmail.com <mailto:markus....@gmail.com>)" <markus....@gmail.com <mailto:markus....@gmail.com>>
>> Cc: "marisa....@gmail.com <mailto:marisa....@gmail.com>" <marisa....@gmail.com <mailto:marisa....@gmail.com>>, Patrick Keating <pkea...@bluefirereader.com <mailto:pkea...@bluefirereader.com>>, Ric Wright <rkwr...@geofx.com <mailto:rkwr...@geofx.com>>
>> Subject: TestSuite Document 130 R to L
>>
>> Hi Markus,
>> I been testing the 130 R to L document, and want to check with you to see if it is finished. There are large sections in Japanese test directions and heading style which don’t have any instructions. And, several pages repeat. The Hebrew version is simply the front page, then it clicks into Japanese.
>> Please let me know if you are planning to do more work on this test doc.
>> Thanks so much!
>> Kathy
>> Kathy Alley, Project Manager
>> Bluefire Productions