[Media Overlays] epub-testsuite #120, Skippability + Escapability (need audio files please)

Daniel Weck

Oct 8, 2013, 4:29:56 AM10/8/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Readium Contrib, Marisa DeMeglio
Hi Marisa (et al.),

See live example:

http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/mgylling/epub-testsuite/blob/master/content/30/epub30-test-0120/EPUB/xhtml/skippability.xhtml

http://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://github.com/mgylling/epub-testsuite/blob/master/content/30/epub30-test-0120/EPUB/xhtml/escapability.xhtml

Change log:

https://github.com/mgylling/epub-testsuite/commit/583e478e18dd7eddccd174d270cf90549f26f0fa

Although the SMIL files are structured correctly, the 'audio' elements (and corresponding files) are omitted. Text-only SMILs are valid, so my commit passes EPUB-Check. The OPF duration metadata is artificially set at 1s, by the way (this needs to be updated once we have actual audio files).

Note that the Readium-SDK's LauncherOSX app does not yet support TTS, so the skippability and escapability tests are silent at the moment.

So, Marisa: any chance you could generate the narration using the same synthetic speech voice as the rest of the MO tests, please? Feel free to edit the text if you feel it can be improved.

At some point, I am considering adding these tests as well:

- playback-active CSS class (EPUB 3.0.1).
- previous / next phrase-level navigation.
- embedded HTML5 audio / video (play / pause trigger, text-only SMIL).

Regards, Daniel

Marisa DeMeglio

Oct 8, 2013, 10:46:01 PM10/8/13
to Daniel Weck, epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Readium Contrib
By the way, I am working on generating narration for these samples. I have some scripts that automate this but they needed some tweaking to support skip/escape. I'll post it Wednesday.

Marisa

Marisa DeMeglio

Oct 9, 2013, 10:35:12 PM10/9/13
to Daniel Weck, epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Readium Contrib
Ok the new MO tests have pre-recorded narration - let me know what you think. All the tests seemed to work quite well in Launcher OSX.

Daniel Weck

Oct 10, 2013, 5:37:48 AM10/10/13
to Marisa DeMeglio, epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Readium Contrib
Hi Marisa, this is awesome, thank you!
could you please add audio files to "Navigation Tests" (mo_nav_20) please? Also note the unordered ID mo_nav_20 --> mo_nav_10 (I sent you an email about this issue, feel free to rename the IDs if this isn't going to break the existing test report database)
Dan

Marisa DeMeglio

Oct 10, 2013, 3:04:44 PM10/10/13
to Daniel Weck, epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com, Readium Contrib