Recent test EPUBs

Marisa DeMeglio

Jun 27, 2013, 8:37:54 PM6/27/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com
I'm checking out the latest EPUBs in the test suite, which look at various permutations of orientation and spread properties. I think there is a copy/paste error in the nav.xhtml files. For example, the test referenced here:

is described as:
"fixed format wt orientation=landscape and spread=portrait"

but the publication is titled:
"EPUB 3.0 Test Suite: Document 0200 fixed format wt orientation=auto and spread=auto"

I see a few similar mismatches in other documents. Am I right that these are typos?

Marisa

Ori Idan

Jun 27, 2013, 11:26:13 PM6/27/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean the document name?
I think it is intended.

--
Ori Idan

Marisa DeMeglio

Jun 28, 2013, 2:13:42 PM6/28/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com
No, I mean the test name. The titles look fine but all 15 of these epub30-test-200-fixed-format-* books have a single test with the same name:
"fixed format wt orientation=landscape and spread=portrait"

Even though the values for orientation and spread vary from book to book (which is the point).

I just noticed the publication description is also the same in each:
"Tests for XHTML, SVG, Scripting and Styling in fixed layouts"

Anyway, I think it's just a copy/paste error.

Marisa

Ori Idan

Jun 28, 2013, 3:33:06 PM6/28/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, I still don't see your point.

--
Ori Idan

Marisa

Kanai, Takeshi

Jul 1, 2013, 6:38:45 AM7/1/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com

Hi there,

The fixed layout titles were submitted by Joel and me, and I have to admit that those are typos we made.

The issue is that each epub contains the same nav item and it says “fixed format wt orientation=landscape and spread=portrait”. It must be replaced to suitable message for each title.

We will fix it in this month. In the meantime, would you please use the existing files as it is?

If you have any concerns and requests, please feel free to let us know.

We are also planning to submit another fixed layout titles which contains spine level fixed layout tests.

So I will be very happy if we can fix almost all issues at this stage and apply the modified template for the upcoming test files.

Thanks,

Takeshi Kanai

Marisa DeMeglio

Jul 1, 2013, 2:21:36 PM7/1/13
to epub-testsu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Takeshi,

Thanks for having a look. There are two issues:

1. As you mentioned, the wording for the nav item should change.

and

2. package.opf contains this metadata:
<dc:description>Tests for XHTML, SVG, Scripting and Styling in fixed layouts</dc:description>

But it's not the right description for these EPUBs, as far as I can tell.

It's no problem to use the files as-is until you have a chance to make the edits.

Thanks
Marisa

On Jul 1, 2013, at 3:38 AM, "Kanai, Takeshi" <Takesh...@jp.sony.com> wrote:

Hi there,

The fixed layout titles were submitted by Joel and me, and I have to admit that those are typos we made.
The issue is that each epub contains the same nav item and it says “fixed format wt orientation=landscape and spread=portrait”. It must be replaced to suitable message for each title.

We will fix it in this month. In the meantime, would you please use the existing files as it is?
If you have any concerns and requests, please feel free to let us know.

We are also planning to submit another fixed layout titles which contains spine level fixed layout tests.
So I will be very happy if we can fix almost all issues at this stage and apply the modified template for the upcoming test files.

Thanks,
Takeshi Kanai

Kanai, Takeshi

Jul 1, 2013, 9:10:53 PM7/1/13