Help on accepting the Request made on item on Eprints

AFA

Nov 6, 2023, 7:35:44 AM11/6/23
to EPrints UK User Group
Dear Team,

I have set up an SMTP with a...@x.edu.in (that is an admin email id in PURE also adminemail.pl). My question is I created one more user (x...@x.edu.in), and I assigned it as a repository administrator, but when he accepted the request made by the requestor on the repository through the email received in the inbox, it failed to accept.

The request was received on a...@x.edu.in and the login person on the repository is the newly created user x...@x.edu.in. Is it possible to allow to accept the request by multiple user?

Thanks,
AFA

John Salter

Nov 6, 2023, 11:55:34 AM11/6/23
to eprints-uk...@googlegroups.com, AFA

Hi AFA,

What you have asked isn’t possible by default in EPrints.

There is an option to allow ‘pin based security’ for requests. This means that an email address that is not associated with an EPrints account can respond to a Request-a-Copy email. This option is documented here:
https://github.com/eprints/eprints3.4/blob/master/flavours/pub_lib/cfg.d/request_copy.pl#L66-L75

This isn’t quite the same thing as you are asking – but it could be used instead.

The Request-a-Copy code could be locally customised to e.g. allow any ‘editor’ account to be able to accept/reject any requests, but this is more complicated.

Cheers,

John

John Salter

https://orcid.org/0000-0002-8611-8266