ELESIG Webinar: E-portfolios:tomorrow, Wed Nov 4

John Pallister

Nov 3, 2009, 6:49:59 AM11/3/09
to ePortfolios and PLTs
Copied and Posted from an ELESIG email that I recieved - hope that is
acceptable? - looks an interesting session.

"Do join us at our webinar, with forum discussions whether you can
make the synchronous event or not.

11 am in DimDim: Practice
Sort out your tech for the keynote this afternoon. If you would like
to spend 10 minutes or so reporting on your experience of elearning
please let Helen know before 10 am Wed: ele...@reachfurther.com

2 pm in DImDim: KEYNOTE
Nurturing learning communities in an e-portfolio system to enhance
student learning with Julie Hughes and Emma Purnell

This session will share a number of experiences of using PebblePad
eportfolio at the University of Wolverhampton. Julie Hughes will give
an in depth practitioner perspective from the School of Education.
Julie will share numerous success stories of engaged communities of
learners who are established and sustained
through the use of eportfolio and blogs. Emma Purnell will share
institutional perspectives, exploring strategy drivers and staff
engagement. Emma will give an overview of successes and challenges of
providing support, encouraging community and addressing
sustainability and scalability issues at institutional level.
There will be chance to explore e-portfolio-based learning from pre-
induction through to transition out of Higher Education. There will
be emphasis upon blogging as reflective critical thinking (ePDP) as
an exploration of self as
learner/as practitioner/as group member. There will be discussion on
the potential for aligning learning outcomes, learning and teaching
methods and assessment to a commitment to integrative learning
(Cambridge 2008) and the exploration of the interface between the
delivered, experienced and lived curriculum (Yancey 1998). Key to
session will be examining the importance in supporting colleagues and
students in the development of the technical skills and for some the
culture shift to an iterative and dialogic learning and teaching
model. We will share what we have learnt from engaging in reflective,
evaluative dialogue with our students and colleagues.

Visit ELESIG at: http://elesig.ning.com