eportfolio "spaces" offered to West Midlands educators

kev.brace

Sep 3, 2009, 5:09:00 AM9/3/09
to ePortfolios and PLTs
On the back of the recent initiative by my colleague Jane Edwards who
is offering space on our new second life island, I was thinking of how
I could assist West Mid’s based HE + HE in FE educators a similar kind
of service. What struck me was a gap in providing safe and reliable
spaces for you to try out eportfolios.

What I had in mind was to set up working version of some current
eportfolio products, e.g., elgg, Mahara, Evernote, wordpress, etc. And
I could also approach some of the commercial vendors (iwebfolio,
pebblepad, efolio, etc) to give me some free trial accounts I could
pass on.

Therefore if you were thinking of piloting an eportfolio for personal
development planning, reflective practice, foundation degrees, NVQ’s,
etc ,etc, then you could try one or more for free using our range of
eportfolios we will set up. Then if you like it, you implement it
within your own organisation – with our help of course. So you could
trial one, or a number together simultaneously. We could even install
some of the more simpler VLE integrated eportfolio solutions on our
Moodle (like the Solihull eportfolio block) for you to experiment
with? And for those who have Moodle VLE, you could see how Moodle +
Mahara integrates into 1 seamless elearning platform, by experimenting
with a Mahoodle platform.

Before I proceed, I’d like to gauge the level of enthusiasm and
interest for such a project. Or if you have a similar idea that you
think I could “fund” for the benefit of the whole West Mids community,
please let me know ASAP.

Regards..

Kevin Brace. CMALT, MSc, Ieng, PDF-ELT
HE Co-ordinator.
JISC Regional Support Centre West Midlands, University of
Wolverhampton,
Technology Centre, Wolverhampton Science Park, Glaisher Drive,
Wolverhampton WV10 9RU

T: +44 (0)1902 518931
F: +44 (0)1902 824345
E: k.b...@wlv.ac.uk
Skype: kev.brace

* Join my HE email list : http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/RSCWM-HE.html

Dan O'Brien

Sep 3, 2009, 5:20:40 AM9/3/09
to kev.brace, ePortfolios and PLTs
I'd be happy to provide trial account for our ePortfolio Framework (portfoliomaker)

Thanks,

Dan