ePortfolio 2009 - 22nd - 24th June - London - an opportunity to meet?

1 view

John Pallister

Apr 2, 2009, 2:25:56 AM4/2/09
to ePortfolios and PLTs
Morning All - I will be at the conference on the 23rd and 24th June.
Are you attending? It would be good to meet in the 'real' world.

As well as following the ePortfolio conference I will, with a
Functional Skills hat on, be following the Key Competency conference
that is being run in parallel. I have recently made some real progress
with on-line curriculum mapping using http://www.rubicon.com/ . I set
out to explore http://tinyurl.com/d5qn2s my thinking that the
curriculum mapping process might be able to support personalised
learning. Fingers crossed, I will be linking a course to the
Functional Skills standards next week - it is looking very powerful as
a tool to plan/map learning. I am hoping to take it further - I will
try to use it to provide learners with access to a 'recipe' of
learning opportunities that would in turn support personalised
learning. A 'push' system, modified to function in an 'on-demand',
personalised learning environment - well, you do have to experiment
and explore!

http://www.epforum.eu/

John

GillC

May 6, 2009, 3:27:27 PM5/6/09
to ePortfolios and PLTs
Hi John, I will be there and am co-presenting at a workshop (not sure
which day yet). I would love to pick your brains about mapping
functional skills. Everything you have mentioned below strikes a chord
and my colleague is also working on this so I hope I can put her in
touch! We are also looking at the close links between OCNs and
especially their StepUp programme and Passportfolio (presenting at
their East Mids conference in June). The way e-portfolios support the
FLT is a major focus. The Skills activities area on Passportfolio is
progressing - it's a slow process but we have a very clear idea of the
process we want to develop with regard to the PLTS resources and
inevitably it's not simple.. I hope we catch up at the conference as I
would love to share with you what we have got so far.. If you want to
contact me directly use my work e-mail: gillia...@cnxnotts.co.uk
Regards, Gill

On Apr 2, 7:25 am, John Pallister <jpallis...@aol.com> wrote:
> Morning All  - I will be at the conference on the 23rd and 24th June.
> Are you attending?  It would be good to meet in the 'real' world.
>
> As well as following the ePortfolio conference I will, with a
> Functional Skills hat on, be following the Key Competency conference
> that is being run in parallel. I have recently made some real progress
> with on-line curriculum mapping using  http://www.rubicon.com/. I set
> out to explore  http://tinyurl.com/d5qn2smy thinking that the

Kirstie C

May 7, 2009, 3:43:30 PM5/7/09
to ePortfolios and PLTs
Yes, I will be attending, as will the rest of the Centre for
International ePortfolio Development (University of Nottingham).

Doing a paper called "Learner-Centred Strategies for informing
Institutional Take-up of ePortfolios" based on experiences we have
from our LLN ePortfolio pilots with FE/HEs.

http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/eportfolio

Kirstie

On 2 Apr, 07:25, John Pallister <jpallis...@aol.com> wrote:
> Morning All  - I will be at the conference on the 23rd and 24th June.
> Are you attending?  It would be good to meet in the 'real' world.
>
> As well as following the ePortfolio conference I will, with a
> Functional Skills hat on, be following the Key Competency conference
> that is being run in parallel. I have recently made some real progress
> with on-line curriculum mapping using  http://www.rubicon.com/. I set
> out to explore  http://tinyurl.com/d5qn2smy thinking that the

John Pallister

Jun 16, 2009, 6:51:07 AM6/16/09
to ePortfolios and PLTs
Hi All

Looking forward to meeting everyone in London next week. Don’t tell
anyone but I have still not finalised my presentation. Each time I
think that I have, I find something else important from the
communities that I lurk around!

Updated Programme at http://www.epforum.eu/lfl2009/conference/programme

ePortfolio 2009 — KC 2009 — LNC 2009
Innovation, Creativity and Accountability
Learning Forum London, 22-24 June 2009

John

Kirstie C

Jun 17, 2009, 3:48:19 AM6/17/09
to ePortfolios and PLTs
You're doing better than me then, still at the notes stage!

GillC

Jun 18, 2009, 9:35:15 AM6/18/09
to ePortfolios and PLTs
Hi John,
Ours is on Tuesday afternoon: "Sustainable eportfolio implememtation
through Information, Advice and Gidance services in a UK region:
Developments to a learner-centred ecosystem." I think you are chairing
in a parallel session.
Hope to catch you around though - I will also be sharing the
University of Nottingham's stand in the Knowledge Hub (stand 9). I
would really value your opinion on Passportfolio and the PLTS
activities we have developed on it. We still have a lot of work to do
on the section (among others) but it's getting there.
Cheers, Gill