School cultures: hoarding vs sharing, and a new set of school rules

John Pallister

Jul 7, 2009, 2:01:46 AM7/7/09
to ePortfolios and PLTs

@h1moodle (Twitter ) pointed me to an interesting set of new classroom
‘rules’ that might be needed in the new learning environments that we
want/are being ‘told’ to create. Leaning environments that support
personalised learning. The ‘rules’ presented would be a very useful
focus for school based discussions, perhaps even useful to promote
‘student voice’ discussions?

http://educationinnovation.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/06/new-classroom-rules.html

I then followed the link to:

http://educationinnovation.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/06/a-hoarding-culture-vs-a-sharing-culture-.html

More and more, as I explore and try understand ‘personalised
learning’, I see a situation developing where schools who do NOT
personalise and provide open access to their learning offer will
encounter significant challenges as, previously ‘captive’ learners,
use their voice and choice to access learning from other sources.
http://www.slideshare.net/jpallis001