ePortfolio TM

Kirstie C

Nov 30, 2009, 8:17:11 AM11/30/09
to ePortfolios and PLTs
Just saw this on Kathleen Willbank's Twitter...

"The University of Iowa now holds the trademarks for the...terms:
ePortfolio™, Digital BackPack™ and Cyber ToolBox™." http://bit.ly/4MdyGO

John Pallister

Nov 30, 2009, 2:32:50 PM11/30/09
to ePortfolios and PLTs
I wonder what that means? - I sent them an eMail this afternoon asking
what they had 'Trade-marked' - also echoed to Twitter (JPallis001) -
@PatParslow

suggested that "trademark presumably applies to <red><italic>e</
italic></red>Portfolio" . Interesting move, as we move forward with
Open Content, wrestle with Intellectual Property and then folks
'trademark' the very 'words' we use - complicated - ePortfolio
perhaps moving centre stage?

John

John Pallister

Dec 1, 2009, 3:59:12 PM12/1/09
to ePortfolios and PLTs
Kathleen Willbanks, @KW has just posted this to Twitter - update on
status of the Iowa Trademark_ePortfolios
http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=78847158 - I
asked Twitter how to find out about the UK Trademark - no response
yet. I gather ePortfolio Australia is taken