Eportfolios and Google Sites

Coach Carole

Sep 23, 2010, 4:50:26 PM9/23/10
to Eportfolio_conversations
Grassroots approach to developing eportfolios - see Helen Barrett's
googlesite for a bonanza collection of information, instructions,
examples and more:

http://sites.google.com/site/eportfolioapps/Home
and her example portfolio at:
http://sites.helenbarrett.net/portfolio/Home

Where do you see the 'grassroots' approach being applicable for your
eportfolio practitioners?

My view on this: a grassroots googlesite displaying one's collection
of artefacts, thought pieces and employability skills is extremely
useful for those who do not have access to a commercial eportfolio
system and want more control over how the 'eportfolio screen view'
should look.

I am a fan of googlesites (grins) are you?

NOTE: a challenge for you - try developing a sample eportfolio for
yourself in a googlesite to share at our next meeting on September 30
at 11 am GMT +10. Follow these simple instructions from Helen's
googlesite:
http://sites.google.com/site/eportfolioapps/online-tutorials-sites/sites-how-to
and
http://sites.google.com/site/eportfolioapps/overview/process

Alexander Hayes

Sep 23, 2010, 4:52:37 PM9/23/10
to eportfolio_c...@googlegroups.com
Hi Carole,

I am finding Google sites also quite useful - http://www.alexanderhayes.net

Sent from my iPad.

Visit http://alexanderhayes.posterous.com/tag/ipad for my thoughts on
iPads as a device, time saver, revolution and other thoughts.