REpochX: A command-line driven GE application for R users

Vehbi Sinan Tunalioglu

Nov 30, 2011, 7:46:46 AM11/30/11
to EpochX
Dear All,

We think that, until the next generation EpochX is available, the tool
which we have been using so far might entertain some GE and R hackers.

The software is freely (as in freedom) available on https://github.com/vst/REpochX/

"REpochX is a command-line driven grammatical evolution application.
It exposes the grammatical evolution (GE) functionality of EpochX to R
through signals and slots invoked at times when needed. The grammar,
evolution parameters, the R code to compute the fitness scores of
candidate programs and slots to be invoked on signals emitted are all
specified in a JSON-formatted configuration file."

Any feedback and issues [1] are welcome.

Kind Regards,
Vehbi Sinan Tunalioglu

[1] https://github.com/vst/REpochX/issues

Tom Castle

Dec 1, 2011, 2:12:36 PM12/1/11
to EpochX
This looks great, thanks for posting it. Am sure it will be useful to
some GE and R "hackers"!

Tom