Good article

Elizabeth Ring

Dec 2, 2009, 1:52:15 PM12/2/09
to episcopal-...@googlegroups.com
I think this article speaks some wisdom to how we seek each others' stories and tell our own.  I really like the kinds of questions used.

http://www.churchleadership.com/leadingideas/leaddocs/2009/091202_article.html

Faithfully,
Elizabeth

--
Elizabeth M. Ring
Director of The Diocesan Resource Center

This document may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited.

Steven Horst

May 27, 2010, 7:55:40 AM5/27/10
to episcopal-...@googlegroups.com
I would be interested in hearing anyone's experience in using Martha Grace Reese's Unbinding the Gospel program for getting a congregation ready to share their faith.  (If you're unfamiliar with it, you can read more at http://www.gracenet.org.)
Steven Horst, Ph.D., Alternate Lay Deputy, Diocese of CT
Dean of Middlesex Deanery
Church of the Holy Trinity, Middletown, CT (http://www.holytrinityct.org)

Professor of Philosophy
Department of Philosophy
Wesleyan University
Middletown, CT 06459 USA

http://www.stevenhorst.com

Ben Timmons

May 27, 2010, 11:34:04 AM5/27/10
to episcopal-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Steven:

The link to gracenet doesn't take you to the right place.   I'd like to read more,

Thanks,

BEN

Ben Timmons
Episcopal Lay Minister and Chaplain
Sacramento, Ca 95820

Drb...@gmail.com

(916) 599-3838 (Cell and Pager)
(916) 457-2295 (Voice)

Steven Horst

May 27, 2010, 11:41:29 AM5/27/10
to episcopal-...@googlegroups.com

Elizabeth Ring

May 27, 2010, 11:56:53 AM5/27/10
to episcopal-...@googlegroups.com
Looking at the Best Practices download, I really like the way this woman thinks.  The Disciples have wonderful formation models and really understand the lifelong part.  I suspect that if it is a good match for a congregation it would be a wonderful experience.

Elizabeth

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Steven Horst <sho...@wesleyan.edu> wrote:
My bad.  It's http://www.gracenet.info

Elizabeth M. Ring
Director of The Diocesan Resource Center
Diocesan Ecumenical Officer, Lay Order
Episcopal Diocese of Maine
143 State Street, Portland, ME 04101-3799
207-772-1953 ext. 135   er...@episcopalmaine.org
www.diocesanresources.org
Member:  NOERC, NAECED, DMLF, CSLA, EDEIO

Elizabeth Ring

May 27, 2010, 11:59:33 AM5/27/10
to episcopal-...@googlegroups.com
Just opened a daily mailing that I get and here was this quote:

Achievement happens when you pursue and attain what you want. Success comes when you are in clear pursuit of Why you want it.

I think it speaks volumes to our evangelism efforts