run only diff. methylation in RnBeads

Catherina Romanova

Aug 24, 2018, 8:06:38 AM8/24/18
to Epigenomics forum
Hello everyone!

I've run RnBeads analysis and after that I want to run methylation analysis separetely for different groups. But I don't wanna run all analysis, I want to use rnb.set object from previous! I tried something like that: rnb.set= load.rnb.set("/Projects/Killers/RnBeads/reports5/rnbSet_preprocessed/rnb.set.RData") and after that rnb.run.differential(rnb.set,report.dir), but I failed. Mb someone knows, how to load this object correctly?

thanx a lot!

Yassen Assenov

Aug 27, 2018, 1:53:19 AM8/27/18
to epigenom...@googlegroups.com
Hello Catherina,

Try:

rnb.set <- load.rnb.set("/Projects/Killers/RnBeads/reports5/rnbSet_preprocessed”)

Greetings,
Yassen

Hello everyone!

I've run RnBeads analysis and after that I want to run methylation analysis separetely for different groups. But I don't wanna run all analysis, I want to use rnb.set object from previous! I tried something like that: rnb.set= load.rnb.set("/Projects/Killers/RnBeads/reports5/rnbSet_preprocessed/rnb.set.RData") and after that rnb.run.differential(rnb.set,report.dir), but I failed. Mb someone knows, how to load this object correctly?

thanx a lot!

Catherina Romanova

Aug 27, 2018, 12:12:02 PM8/27/18
to Epigenomics forum
Thank you for fast reply!

I did that, in this case I get an error  directory /Projects/Killers/RnBeads/reports8/differential_methylation_data can  not be created :(

Yassen Assenov

Aug 29, 2018, 4:34:50 PM8/29/18
to epigenom...@googlegroups.com
So you managed to load the dataset. The problem is that a report on differential methylation already exists; RnBeads refuses to overwrite existing reports. You need to do one of the following:

1. Remove the existing directory (either everything in reports8, or at least all the files and subdirectories containing “differential” in their names), or
2. Specify another path in your R command, e.g. “/Projects/Killers/RnBeads/reports9”, and make sure the path does not exist.

Greetings,
Yassen
Message has been deleted

Catherina Romanova

Aug 31, 2018, 10:00:11 AM8/31/18
to Epigenomics forum
Yes, you are right about directory, thank you!

but after solving that I'm getting another error: Error in save.rnb.diffmeth(diffmeth, diffmeth.path) :
  trying to get slot "disk.dump" from an object of a basic class ("NULL") with no slots   and can't google it (

среда, 29 августа 2018 г., 23:34:50 UTC+3 пользователь Yassen написал:

Greetings,
Yassen

Catherina Romanova

Sep 4, 2018, 11:01:12 AM9/4/18
to Epigenomics forum
I suppose the problem was that in previous analysis I set another differential.comparison.columns. I tried previous columns, and it worked.