ephemerisle followup: a first thought

David Weinshenker

Oct 4, 2009, 9:57:22 PM10/4/09
to ephemerisl...@googlegroups.com
The question has been raised (on this list, in person at the event
etc.): "Where does Ephemerisle fit in the overall TSI vision? What
does 'Burning Man, except floating', have to do with our vision of
the dynamically geographical floating cities where everyone can vote
with their house?"

I think Ephemerisle, may not necessarily resemble, either physically
or socially, the ultimate realization of this vision... but it might
very well look like the pioneer culture of the offshore construction
bases which will build the floating cities: in the creation of such
an entity, the first thing to show up may very well look something
like what the Ephemerisle festival itself may be able to grow into
with a bit of practice...

-dave w

Christopher Rasch

Oct 5, 2009, 2:51:31 PM10/5/09
to ephemerisl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to everyone who helped with Ephemerisle! I had a great time, and
I hope to see y'all next year. :)

Chris

Christopher Rasch

Oct 5, 2009, 6:40:26 PM10/5/09
to ephemerisl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I lost two black fleece pullovers at ephemerisle. One was labeled
Timberland, the other was labeled Patagonia. If anyone happens to have
two extras, would you let me know? The last I saw them, they were in
one of the dock wheel barrows. Thanks!

Chris

Perry E. Metzger

Oct 5, 2009, 10:46:53 PM10/5/09

Christopher Rasch <cra...@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks to everyone who helped with Ephemerisle! I had a great time, and
> I hope to see y'all next year. :)

Someone should post a description of what it was like for the benefit of
those who couldn't make it this year.

Perry

Christopher Rasch

Oct 5, 2009, 10:52:36 PM10/5/09
to ephemerisl...@googlegroups.com

Erick Todd

Oct 6, 2009, 1:02:04 AM10/6/09
to ephemerisl...@googlegroups.com

Patri Friedman

Oct 6, 2009, 3:33:38 PM10/6/09
to ephemerisl...@googlegroups.com
I would recommend starting a lost & found page on the wiki.

Christopher Rasch

Oct 6, 2009, 5:10:50 PM10/6/09
Patri Friedman wrote:
> I would recommend starting a lost & found page on the wiki.

Done. Here's the URL:

http://wiki.seasteading.org/index.php/Ephemerisle#Lost_and_Found

Chris

Danny O'Brien

Oct 7, 2009, 1:11:08 AM10/7/09
to ephemerisle-community

Here's a great post mortem by Matt, which people might want to comment
on and add their own observations:
http://nasu-dengaku.livejournal.com/237326.html