UK Seasteader looking for Build Space running up to Ephemerisle

Patrick

Apr 10, 2010, 7:08:03 PM4/10/10
to ephemerisle-community
Hey folks,

Very much looking forward to Ephemerisle this year, and hopefully
putting together a build for it.

However, barring an ill-advised trans-Atlantic crossing on planks and
barrels, I'm going to need some space in CA to put something together,
so I'm looking for some kindly people to put me up for a few days
before the festival.

(any UK residents planning on going to Ephemerilse, get in touch if
you're interested in splitting rental costs for this)

I'm not looking for anything too grandiose; half an empty garage or
some back yard space would probably do me, and I'm fine sleeping in
the same place I work so I won't take up much space.

While I don't need a taxi service, a ride to the hardware store to
pick up build supplies, and a ride to Ephemerisle would be very
helpful, though I can probably arrange my own transport so this isn't
vital.

Either way proximity to the Ephemerisle River Delta is going to be
important, so I guess this only applies to anyone within less than
half a days drive of the site.

I'm willing to pay about $25-50 a day for the privilege, though after
the plane ticket and build materials I'll be pretty low on cash, so
I'd prefer to trade services rather than money.

Things I'm willing to do for a couple of days stay:

-gardening/landscaping
-cleaning
-web site design (HTML/CSS/PHP)
-(mediocre) cooking
-painting & decorating
-woodwork/metalwork
-bricklaying
-general errand running etc
-miscellaneous tech support

Obviously theres a limit to the amount of stuff I can do and still put
a build together, but if you have something specific in mind, I can
come over a couple of days earlier to work on it, since the plane
ticket costs about the same whether i stay for 3 days or a week.

I'm a fairly easy going and amiable chap, but I can understand not
wanting to open your home to an utter stranger, so if you've any
questions, feel free to ask, and I'm happy to negotiate on any of the
terms I've mentioned.

Alternately, if anyone knows of a good business within range of the
site, that has short term rental space and a liberal attitude towards
people sleeping/working in there, any recommendation would be
appreciated.

I'm also open to collaborating on a build for Ephemerisle so anyone
interested should drop me a line.

Thanks for your time and attention.

Hopefully I'll see you all at Ephemerisle!