Help support art boats, work boats, and interisland ferries for Ephemerisle!

greys...@gmail.com

May 4, 2019, 12:54:02 PM5/4/19
to Ephemerisle Announcements
Ephemerisle is 2 1/2 months away, and (dis)organzers have been busy.  Right now our focus is boats, boats, and more and more boats. We own boats so you don't have to. Please help.

We're working on a boater training program called Boat Guild, an organized initiative of experienced boaters from several of the islands. There will be an announcement about driver trainings are available in Oakland, the Delta, and the South Bay.

We have a huge effort to whip all our workboats into shape, and to figure out different options for marina ferry. There is an organized group working on the ferry project and on a possible small powerboat club- contact artphe...@gmail.com for more information. There is a Facebook group for Boat Guild: https://www.facebook.com/groups/boatguild

In the meantime- time is ticking, boats are needed in order to build and prepare camping and art structures for the event. We're all pulling our boats out of winter storage and fixing the things we broke when we had too much fun last time. Ephemerisle doesn't happen without boats, and Ephemerisle is hard on boats. Boat gas at the event (for marina ferry and towing of structures to the site) is one of the largest costs incurred by some islands and since this is an event with no tickets or budget, there's often not a clear path to recouping any of these costs. Please support the following boats funds:

Bust Out A Second Thousand- interisland ferry and workboats for Arts And Entertainment District and more.  We are building a redundant fleet of dedicated workboats, which will double as training boats for new drivers before the event, and which will run interisland ferry during the event so that you can get around between islands at night. As of May we're already doing event build work in the Delta that requires reliable workboats, and your help is appreciated so everything can be ready by July. We own boats so you don't have to:   https://www.gofundme.com/f/bust-out-a-second-thousand

The Entanglement art boat:
The Entanglement was bought just before the event and functioned as a simple art boat/party barge. Woody's doing major upgrades and taking it to the next level this year. We're bringing it to Oakland and putting it in the shop for extensive makeover. Please support the FUNdraiser:  https://www.gofundme.com/entanglement-the-art-boat