New release 4.3.0 plan

Sergey Prokhorov

May 21, 2019, 5:16:24 PM5/21/19
to Erlang epgsql Postgres driver use and development
Is it time to do next release? Last one was in October 2018. What have changed since then:

* Erlang 22 compatibility is tested; support for Erlang 17 was dropped. Last version that supports Erlang 17 is 4.2.1 (#195)
* Fixed some corner-case bug in streaming replication (#181)
* Performance micro-optimizations on hot paths (#177)
* Use PostgreSQL 10 for Travis tests (#195)
* Improved connection error handling (#183)
* TLS certificates used in tests had expired (epgsql project is more than 10 years old!), so, new ones were created (#187)
* Some typespecs fixed

We still have one open bug that was introduced in 4.0 refactoring. It would be really nice to fix before the release, but it's not that strightforward https://github.com/epgsql/epgsql/issues/193

Marc Worrell

May 25, 2019, 12:26:46 AM5/25/19
to Sergey Prokhorov, Erlang epgsql Postgres driver use and development
Hi,

Now that OTP 22 is out I am for officially dropping 17 support.
The list of changes looks good.

And if we can’t fix issue 193 (will have a look) then we can always
postpone the fix and release a 4.3.1 later.
Just mention it in the “known issues”.

- Marc

Sergey Prokhorov