EPGP addon for BFA

Sayantan Bhattacharya

Jul 28, 2018, 10:42:26 PM7/28/18
to epgp-d...@googlegroups.com

First, as a GM of a guild which has been using EPGP since Gruul's Lair in TBC, I want to thank everyone who has worked hard on this add-on and made it a success. We really appreciate the drama-free loot distribution system this addon has  provided us for the last 10-12 yrs

Is the EPGP addon and/or support for the addon getting discontinued in BFA since Master Looter is going away? We were planning on using EPGP as a raid attendance/performance monitoring tool. As in assign EP for showing up for raids and assign GP for dying to stupid or making other mistakes, so that ratio would give us a player performance. Periodic decay to prevent bloating and keeping performance relevant.

Thanks,
Sayantan

Ace Lee

Aug 22, 2018, 8:04:36 AM8/22/18
to EPGP Discussion and Support Forum
Agreed. Please update EPGP addon for BFA. I believe there are ways to make this work.

Alkis Evlogimenos ('Αλκης Ευλογημένος)

Aug 22, 2018, 8:48:49 AM8/22/18
to epgp-d...@googlegroups.com
If someone wants to take over I would be happy to pass the keys. Right now EPGP addon is unmaintained.

Kleon Samour

Aug 29, 2018, 10:47:32 AM8/29/18
to EPGP Discussion and Support Forum
Hey, someone on curseforge called Zernin made a post saying he was able to make the addons existing features functional in BFA, and was asking if it's possible for him to be added on as a maintainer. I would love for that to happen as i am sure many people would be interested in using EPGP for various reasons, such as my self to track my raiders attendance and no other addons have the same features as EPGP.

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/epgp-dkp-reloaded

Zernin

Sep 3, 2018, 7:46:15 AM9/3/18
to EPGP Discussion and Support Forum
That was me. I also posted here but it looks like it got swallowed by moderation. I'd like to just patch the existing project but if that doesn't happen I'll get a fork up on curse with the fixes before the raid drops.

Zernin

Sep 3, 2018, 7:46:15 AM9/3/18
to EPGP Discussion and Support Forum
I'm willing to take a stab at this. I've done addon development in the past.

Big issue I see right now is the change to the guild system officer note permissions. Thinking of extending support to communities so you can create a community to track your EPGP. Would also support cross-realm raid groups this way at least.

Miriam West

Sep 3, 2018, 7:46:15 AM9/3/18
to EPGP Discussion and Support Forum
Very agreed- We've used EPGP for the past 12 years and were planning to continue using it for handling tradeable items (items people don't want for MS) in BfA. We use it for encouraging people to "stand by" by awarding them EP, to encourage people to do a maxed out m+ every week and a number of other things. It's been an amazing system that doesn't tolerate abuse, that lowers drama, that keeps looting transparent and predictable and non-negotiable, and having it - also in BfA - will stop loot becoming a popularity contest with people whispering "Do you need that?" after every boss.

Please reconsider updating it - it holds real value to all of us who know it's the best system.

// a worried GL

Eleplane

Sep 4, 2018, 2:19:40 AM9/4/18
to EPGP Discussion and Support Forum
Someone updated it with EPGP Next, if you want to download that. There are still some quirks I am sure, but it works as intended for the most part.

Alkis Evlogimenos ('Αλκης Ευλογημένος)

Oct 7, 2018, 4:01:35 AM10/7/18
to epgp-d...@googlegroups.com
Apologies, I dropped the ball on this one. If there is anyone that wants and is able to patch the main addon going forward send me a private email and I will add you as authors.