Need some help with EPGP.

Roca

Feb 20, 2020, 3:07:48 PM2/20/20
to EPGP Discussion and Support Forum
Hello guys! First of all, thanks for the awesome addon.
Blackwing Lair came out last week and our guild ran into a pretty big issue. Our raiding schedule looks something like this: Wednesday MC - Thursday BWL - Sunday BWL - Monday MC again. We're using a split-alt comp at the moment.
So far we were adding EP per boss and GP as you received the item, but the following question raised: What if someone signs up for the Wednesday MC, so he gets the EP from that raid, then he can go into any of the BWL raids with a higher PR than those that are signed up for Monday. How would you solve this issue? We thought of adding GP per items on the spot and adding the EP at the end of the week based on what raids you came to. Would that do the job or would it create future inequalities? Thank you!

Sayantan Bhattacharya

Feb 21, 2020, 5:11:09 PM2/21/20
to epgp-d...@googlegroups.com
"What if someone signs up for the Wednesday MC, so he gets the EP from that raid, then he can go into any of the BWL raids with a higher PR than those that are signed up for Monday."

Wouldnt that be only for the first week?
If the person who showed up for Monday's MC gets the same EP as the person who showed up for Wednesday's MC and you dont do a decay in between, then for that week's BWL raid both their PRs should be bumped by the same amount.

I think the confusion here is between a raid week and calendar week.
When are you dong decays? Ideally with your setup you should decay after every Thursday's raid since BWL is your primary raid. This way for the next week's BWL, the people doing MC on wednesdays and mondays will get the same EP bump and same PR adjustment.

Now if you are doing a decay on Tuesday with the start of raid week, they yes, you are screwing over the Monday MC group.