pump- speed variation

ER

Oct 19, 2020, 12:21:52 PM10/19/20
to Epanet and Development

Hello,
I want to model a pump group with a speed variation to maintain an outlet pressure at 60m or 6bar.
I did a test with a pump:
RULE 1
IF NODE N12084 PRESSURE> 60
; AND PUMP P_Xxxxxxxxx_ZA SETTING IS 1.22
THEN PUMP P_Xxxxxxxxx_ZA SETTING IS 1.21

but i have this error when i run the model.

"Err. Entry 201: syntax error in the following line of rule 1:"
"THEN PUMP P_Xxxxxxxxx_ZA SETTING IS 1.21"

I tried by modifying:
THEN PUMP P_Xxxxxxxxx_ZA SETTING IS 2
THEN PUMP P_Xxxxxxxxx_ZA SETTING = 1.21
THEN PUMP P_Xxxxxxxxx_ZA SETTING = 2

I also tried indicating "1" for the speed modulation curve in the properties of the pump ...

I'm out of ideas ...
if you have any suggestions ...

Thanks (sorry for my english i'm not good)

ER

Marco Castro

Oct 19, 2020, 12:24:59 PM10/19/20
to epa...@googlegroups.com
I would like to warn you about the calculation of the efficiency of variable speed pumps by EPANET.

Books on Epanet and development: http://www.arnalich.com/en/books.html

---
www.arnalich.com

To send a message to the group, email: epa...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Epanet and Development" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/epanetD/ac68163f-f92b-4541-baa1-2589e0b51fe1n%40googlegroups.com.

--
Atenciosamente
Marco Aurelio Holanda de Castro, PhD

petro nyerere

Oct 19, 2020, 12:39:48 PM10/19/20
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Please  may share the file

ER

Oct 22, 2020, 5:15:01 AM10/22/20
to Epanet and Development

Can you tell me why?

Do you think it is better to model the pump group with a hydro tank and a downstream stabilizing valve (PRV)?

I especially want to represent the current operation: I am working on a model which has been set for the normal situation, but which is not representative during fire requests (no 2nd pumps, nor stop / start instructions for pumps, characteristic curve of single point pumps, no by-pass for gravity operation, etc.).

In the initial model, the minimum level of the hydraulic tank was at 0.

Reworked model :

Marco Castro

Oct 22, 2020, 5:34:32 AM10/22/20
to epa...@googlegroups.com
Please read the atached paper

Correction_of_the_EPANET_Inaccuracy_in_C.pdf

ER

Oct 22, 2020, 12:29:41 PM10/22/20
to Epanet and Development
merci à tous de vos réponses.