RE: Abridged summary of epaddusers@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Roxi Ruuska

Feb 22, 2024, 11:47:55 PMFeb 22
to epadd...@googlegroups.com

Hi Shelly,

I'm also a relatively new ePADD user and was working on a similar problem this week. I was trying to work out a way to be able to work with multiple collections in the appraisal module, using different computers (granted, the same operating system – Win11) and found I was getting errors trying to move between the different collections I was testing with. However, it seems the solution for me was to make sure I saved in the appraisal module before quitting ePADD and moving another user folder into the epadd-appraisal folder. I'll run through how I have it setup and hopefully it might help.

  • I changed the base directory on each computer by opening the epadd.properties file is located in C:\Users\<username> and adding the line "epadd.base.dir=D:\epadd\". The epadd folders are then created in this directory.
  • To work with a new collection, I ensure nothing is in the epadd-appraisal folder and start ePADD as normal.
  • After I have finished working with the collection for the time being, I save it and quit ePADD, and move the user folder to our network storage location.
  • To bring up an existing collection, I then move that user folder into the epadd-appraisal folder and start ePADD. It will load up the collection where I was up to.

Hope that helps! Best of luck.

Roxi

Feb 25, 2024, 8:43:35 PMFeb 25
to ePADD User Forum
Hi Shelly,

Just to add to this, I played around with setting up the appraisal and settings folder on a network storage location today. I found that going down further than the first folder level I needed to add the paths in the settings file like this:
epadd.mode=appraisal
epadd.base.dir=W:\/Collections/epadd/
epadd.settings.dir=W:\/Collections/epadd/epadd-settings

Hope you have some success!

Roxi