Separating imports

Gareth West

Dec 12, 2023, 3:09:20 PM12/12/23
to ePADD User Forum
Hi there

I imported my email account into EPADD from an outlook file using Emailchemy. I  progressed through the processing stage, all went well, I created metadata, a little profile about myself etc. Everything worked nicely.  I then repeated this process with a colleague's email account. All of the fields inputted into the input screen were different (name, primary email, location of file, archive title) the only thing in common was the "name of archive owner" field (our institution).  However when one views the freshly ingested emails, from Emma's account I see that all of the folders from my email ingest (Gareth West) are included too. About nine of the folders included in the browse window from my colleague's emails are actually folders from my email account.

Am I missing something?  How does one keep folders from successive ingests separate?

Regards
Gareth West
Archivist
Otago Museum
New Zealand
Screenshot 2023-12-13 090723.jpg

Abigail Cramer

Dec 13, 2023, 11:14:13 AM12/13/23
to ePADD User Forum
Hi Gareth,

This stumped me for a long time, too. The trick is that you have to empty (or simply delete) the "epadd-appraisal" folder between ingests. If you delete the whole thing, it will just be automatically recreated when you next start up ePADD, so that's generally what I do. Note that if you have not yet imported into Processing, you will lose whatever is still in the Appraisal module, so you do need to finish with one collection before you move on to the next. You can have multiple collections in the Processing module, but not in Appraisal.

I hope this helps,
Abby

Abby Cramer
Digital Asset Manager/Digital Archivist