Updating EOPL code base in Racket

David Van Horn

Feb 21, 2012, 4:12:07 PM2/21/12
to EOPL3, mls...@cs.vassar.edu, nauman...@gmail.com
Hello,

I was hoping to update the code base for EOPL that ships with
DrRacket. My plan was to implement the EOPL language in racket,
rather than the legacy language mzscheme; to port the test suite from
allcode.zip to use rackunit; and to include the test suite in DrRacket
so that it's continually tested after each build.

The most visible change for users will be that #lang eopl will have
slightly different notation for require and provide.

This should make using the eopl language with the latest version of
DrRacket more reliable since it will no longer use the legacy language
and it will be continually tested.

Are there any objections or comments on this plan? I will also try to
fix the issues brought up about SLLGEN and to close the few EOPL bugs
reported in the Racket bugs database.

Thanks,
David

Robby Findler

Feb 21, 2012, 4:14:44 PM2/21/12
to eo...@googlegroups.com, mls...@cs.vassar.edu, nauman...@gmail.com
Great! Thanks.

Robby

Dan Friedman

Feb 21, 2012, 5:24:15 PM2/21/12
to eo...@googlegroups.com, eo...@googlegroups.com, mls...@cs.vassar.edu, nauman...@gmail.com
Wow, that would be great.
... Dan

Sent from my cell phone.

Marc L. Smith

Feb 21, 2012, 5:55:06 PM2/21/12
to David Van Horn, EOPL3, nauman...@gmail.com
No objections!
Thanks,
Marc

David Van Horn

Feb 24, 2012, 2:56:18 PM2/24/12
to EOPL3
The revised language and test suite has been committed to the racket
git repository. It should be available in the nightly builds
tomorrow. Feedback is welcome and appreciated.

The relevant commits are:

https://github.com/plt/racket/commit/49064bc8029ae5d7258bc9b44d2b34ed91d5f9c5
https://github.com/plt/racket/commit/b5a4ffcd55abbda4adaa5d0051a2e429345de453
https://github.com/plt/racket/commit/7491e172eab9e66994e5dcef9c8bc499f0f0ed52

I'll also try to resolve the open bugs about SLLGEN shortly.

Thanks,
David