zfs to influxdb/telegraf

vajonam

Feb 25, 2021, 8:03:11 PM2/25/21
to EON ZFS Storage
dre2kse,

do you know if any way I can run telegraf or something that can dump zfs stats over to an influxdb so I can graph it with grafana or something?

thanks

vajonam

Feb 25, 2021, 8:06:47 PM2/25/21
to EON ZFS Storage
@dre2ske I found this, but not quite sure how to compile this. any pointers will help.

$ uname -a
SunOS getafix 5.11 omnios-a1b878a i86pc i386 i86pc

Andre Lue

Feb 25, 2021, 9:30:48 PM2/25/21
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of vajonam
Hi Vajonam,

It's been a while. Hope you and your family are all safe and well. Did you check if it's in pkgsrc which was integrated into EON? I haven't checked but if it's to stand a chance check there. Let me know.

vajonam

Feb 26, 2021, 12:38:54 AM2/26/21
to EON ZFS Storage
A,

Thanks all safe here. Hope you and yours are okay.  I don't see packages in there, usually a telegraf- package exists on other distros but no dice. Any other ideas?

Andre Lue

Mar 6, 2021, 10:20:10 PM3/6/21
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of Donovan Kaardal
Hi Vajonam,

I gave it a shot but sorry no go. My compiler, zfs build combo is outdated. After updating the compiler n cmake bits my old zfs install did not have some of the zfs parameters referenced in zpool_influxdb.c.

It seems you need a fairly current zfs build + gcc + cmake 3.7 or higher. If you know of a live Omni or Smartos image w a compiler you can give it a shot to build.

vajonam

Mar 8, 2021, 9:32:52 AM3/8/21
to EON ZFS Storage
Dre,

Thanks for giving it a shot. for now I am remoting in and running a shell command. This runs iostat and send back the pool status just in case anyone else wants to use this, the output of this I dump into a mqtt broker and is consumed by something that graphs it out.

iostat -CxY tyank0 tank1 tank2 tank3  tank4 tank6 tank7 1 2  |  tail -7 | /usr/local/bin/gawk  '
    BEGIN { ORS = ""; print "{  "}
    { printf "%s\"%s\": {\"wait\": \"%s\", \"busy\": \"%s\"}",
          separator, $1, $9, $10
      separator = ", "
    }
    END { print " } " }
'

The screen shot shows a log scale of the pool busy-ness. the large sections are the monthly scrubs running on the pool.
Screenshot from 2021-03-08 09-31-52.png

Andre Lue

Mar 26, 2021, 5:14:45 PM3/26/21
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of vajonam
Hi Vajonam,

Good Day. Hope all is well. I thought I had sent this but it appears not. That's some good work. You should probably do a write up and share it as others may surely find it useful.

I'm not sure if you've come across this. I started this a while back and was hoping it would've taken on life/help from some better web stack folks, but it did not.

Maybe you can find some useful bits or extend it to flask + python + bootstrap franken-sanity :)

Other lx-zones stuff you may find interesting or can put the finishing bits in EON

ΔИƉRΞ

Manojav Sridhar

Mar 26, 2021, 6:51:50 PM3/26/21
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of dre2kse
Dre,  will take a look.

Sounds interesting. Definitely something i am interested in doing.