EON - paid version?

ipanini

May 26, 2017, 9:44:09 AM5/26/17
to EON ZFS Storage
Andre,

Is there a paid version available? I'm interested.

Erwin

Andre Lue

May 26, 2017, 10:57:25 AM5/26/17
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of ipanini
Hi Erwin,

There is, but the OI version has run it's course. Let's wait until OmniOS or hipster version is finished, released.

regards

ipanini

May 26, 2017, 11:01:26 AM5/26/17
to EON ZFS Storage
Ok, thanks.
Can you supply a link where I can also follow the paid version?

Erwin

Andre Lue

May 26, 2017, 11:09:41 AM5/26/17
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of ipanini
It would be announced on http://eonstorage.blogspot.com/. For feedback, what device/drivers are you using or intend to use?

Other inks of interest:
https://sites.google.com/site/eonstorage/
https://github.com/eonstorage

Erwin Panen

May 26, 2017, 11:22:56 AM5/26/17
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of dre2kse
No specific devices yet. I’m travelling right now so I don’t have all information at hand.
Two thoughts come to mind:
- complete custom build based on a low power as multi core as possible like C2750 Atom with lots of memory, depending on what motherboard can hold.
I have several sata controller boards, I think LSI 8 port, Dawicontrol and HighPoint. I also have an elderly 3ware controller.
So overall rather low profile, but I’d try to go 10 Gbit network adapters.
- another route I had in mind was to buy a 2nd hand Dell like R710 chassis to start with.

Erwin

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "EON ZFS Storage" group.