missing anything in /mnt

vajonam

Aug 31, 2015, 5:13:06 AM8/31/15
to EON ZFS Storage
I accidentally knocked the power out from my system. now it sort of boots, but I cannot see anything /mnt, where has all that gone?

Andre Lue

Aug 31, 2015, 8:53:39 AM8/31/15
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of Donovan Kaardal

/mnt is the usb key/device. Sounds like it needs manual fsck check.
Run to find device name
format -e

Then
fsck -y /dev/rdsk/cXtXdXs0

fsck -m same device to check sanity

You should then be able to manually mount or you can simply reboot. Hope that helps

On Aug 31, 2015 5:13 AM, "vajonam via EON ZFS Storage" <eonstorage+APn2wQeaGveeVtAFGo6St...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I accidentally knocked the power out from my system. now it sort of boots, but I cannot see anything /mnt, where has all that gone?

vajonam

vajonam

Sep 1, 2015, 8:11:13 AM9/1/15
to EON ZFS Storage
a clever way to avoid this (other than pulling the plug) would be mount /mnt/eon in read only mode, and updimg.sh remounts it in rw mode does its updates and then set it back to r. this is the way pfesense manges their config folders.

Andre Lue