Question about IOMMU detection by EON on boot

Horia Georgescu

Dec 10, 2015, 12:57:30 PM12/10/15
to EON ZFS Storage
Hello;
I'm new to eon community - just found Eon during the weekend and I'd like to explore its use for my home nas. So.. before anything else, thanks for sharing this project with the larger user community!

I tried omniOs in the past, and it didn't work for me, but thought perhaps your version might have addressed this issue.
I'm trying to use this AMD motherboard (desktop), in a server setup. It works with Vmware (IOMMU is recognized, I can passthrough devices etc,), but when I boot native omniOS or EON, the very first thing at the top of the screen i see is:
Notice: AMD IOMMU disabled by user.
In fact I enabled it in BIOS, as I said, and it is recognized by linux and vmware.
Is there anyway to set  EON or any openindiana offsprings to consider bios setting?

Thank you for your insight!

Andre Lue

Dec 16, 2015, 3:37:15 PM12/16/15
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of Horia Georgescu
Hi George,

As far as I know, the work was only completed for Intel CPUs.