getting back on the eon road again - disable EON image in GRUB

ipanini

May 7, 2014, 5:16:55 PM5/7/14
to eonst...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm having a hard time getting back on the road with EON.
I've re-downloaded and burnt eon-1.0b-151-64-smb-min to CD. The CD boots with no problem.
Testing the hardware does not show any particular problem. (EON has run on this motherboard before - Atom Pov ION)
Installing to a 4GB Kingston usb seems also no problem.

Rebooting into EON on the usb stick however seems to take ages...
Is there any way to disable the EON image in GRUB? Not that I don't like it, but it helps noticing more quickly what's happening, instead of waiting ...

Thanks,

Erwin

Andre Lue

May 13, 2014, 12:10:45 PM5/13/14
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of ipanini
I'm unclear what is meant by disabling grub. Did you mean making grub verbose, please add more details if still unclear?

ipanini

Apr 6, 2016, 6:24:58 AM4/6/16
to EON ZFS Storage
Yes - persistent -v for verbose.
But also I'd like to be able to remove the background image - Just to be able to see everything that scrolls by on the monitor.
With the white background image there are msg's I don't see.

vajonam

May 26, 2017, 8:20:52 AM5/26/17
to EON ZFS Storage
did you find out how to do this? I too have the same question.. thanks

ipanini

May 26, 2017, 8:31:44 AM5/26/17
to EON ZFS Storage
Unfortunately out of the top of my head no.
Andre should be able to tell, but he didn't follow up I guess, and in the mean time my EON system is as good as dead..

If you find out how to, please post back.

Erwin

vajonam

May 26, 2017, 9:14:01 AM5/26/17
to EON ZFS Storage
as per andre"
In 10 secs of initial splash press 'e' and append the kernel unix line with -m -v verbose.

if you want to make it permanent, I am guessing you can edit
/mnt/eon0/boot/grub/menu.lst and append the -m -v there and it should be sticky

Andre Lue

May 26, 2017, 9:27:08 AM5/26/17
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of Donovan Kaardal

Correct

erwin...@fastmail.fm

May 26, 2017, 9:41:21 AM5/26/17
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of dre2kse

Thanks!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "EON ZFS Storage" group.