boot screen takes for ever

vajonam

May 26, 2017, 8:19:53 AM5/26/17
to EON ZFS Storage
I have another problem that usually doesn't matter because I never reboot eon and it runs for months or years at a time, but in the even that I have to do some hardware replacement or other maintenance. The boot up takes about 3-5 minutes of fast hardware. I am not sure what its doing when its displaying the EON boot image, how can I debug why this is taking forever?

thanks

Andre Lue

May 26, 2017, 9:09:13 AM5/26/17
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of Donovan Kaardal

In 10 secs of initial splash press 'e' and append the kernel unix line with -m -v verbose.