EON 64-bit x86 CIFS ISO image version 151a9-071215 and NFS

Mark Brown

Jul 3, 2017, 12:32:10 PM7/3/17
to EON ZFS Storage
Hi Andre,

I'm just getting around to upgrading my EON machines, and I've imported my pools (but I haven't "version upgraded" my pools yet).

Scratching my head a bit on this one.   I see there is NFS & RPC kernel modules loaded, and tools like rpcbind,showmount exist on the system, but there seems to be no NFS service manifests (for example svc:network/nfs/server:default,  /var/svc/manifest/network/nfs/ is empty).

Are these missing components (NFS server/client/rpcbind/mapid et al) or did you intentionally not include it? I realize that this is the CIFS image - but I think it was there before on a previous version. I don't see an NFS specific build.

I can certainly try to add it back in, but if there was a good reason to not to do so - I'd rather hear from you before proceeding.

As always - thanks! :-)

/M

Andre Lue

Jul 3, 2017, 12:37:51 PM7/3/17
to EON ZFS Storage on behalf of Donovan Kaardal

You can use "emp nfs start" to initialize the smf service. It simply runs the cmds for you. If your version of emp does not have nfs, just rail update the latest version of emp.

Hope that helps.

Mark Brown

Jul 3, 2017, 1:49:53 PM7/3/17
to EON ZFS Storage

On Monday, July 3, 2017 at 12:37:51 PM UTC-4, dre2kse wrote:

You can use "emp nfs start" to initialize the smf service. It simply runs the cmds for you. If your version of emp does not have nfs, just rail update the latest version of emp.

Thanks Andre - of course that did it. :-)

I guess I need to make myself familiar with the EON toolbox again.

/Mark