Questions regarding image acquisition

MartinDurante

Jul 20, 2009, 3:11:26 PM7/20/09
to EO1 USGS Tasker Help Page
I have some questions

1)Which are the chances that a DAR is met
2)Is it possible to know which day in the acquisition window chosen in
the DAR a scene is probably acquired?
3)Which is the time delay in being informed that the scene has been
acquired?

As I have field work accompanying image acquisition, it would be very
valuable to know when the image could be aquired.

Thank You.

EO1Support

Aug 11, 2009, 4:19:43 PM8/11/09
to EO1 USGS Tasker Help Page
1. The chances are about 10-15% that a DAR will be imaged in the time
frame you request.
2. The day of actual acquisition is difficult to tell with the
automated system making most of the choices.
3. The notification of Level 1G available is usually sent out about 24
hours after the scene has been acquired, give or take some latency for
downlink availability and delays in ground transmission to our data
processing site.

If you are a U.S. funded science researcher performing field work, the
Mission Science Office at GSFC would like to assist in gathering EO-1
data and comparing them to ground truth data. Please post another
question to this web page noting your status as a funded researcher
with some information about your grant title and agency plus your DAR
information and we'll try to coordinate special collects for you.

Take care.

MartinDurante

Aug 28, 2009, 9:41:14 AM8/28/09
to EO1 USGS Tasker Help Page
Hello:
As requested by you in the prior posting message, I inform you
that I am working on behalf of a U.S Federal Agency founded project.
The project I am working for is founded by the National Science
Foundation (NSF): proposal title "Groundwater use and salinity
dynamics at forested sites of temperate South America", number
DEB-0717191, PI Robert B. Jackson, Duke University, NC. As I informed
you prevoiusly, I will be collecting field data as close as possible
to image aquisition, that I am willing to share. The DAR number is
2338 (see more information below)

Thanks a lot for your help.

Sincerely,
Martín

EO-1 Data Acquisition Request (DAR) Confirmation - 2338
EO-1 DAR Form <l...@usgs.gov>
16 july 2009 20:18

Thank you for your DAR submission. You will receive an email when
either a scene has been acquired or your acquisition window has
expired.

Latitude: -37.55
Longitude: -61.37
Site Name: SanJuan