Enzo paper in JOSS - please send grant numbers by Friday 7/26!

Brian O'Shea

Jul 22, 2019, 7:03:06 AM7/22/19
to enzo-dev
Dear Enzo developers,

We've decided to submit a short paper describing Enzo to the Journal of Open Source Software (JOSS; https://joss.theoj.org/) to accompany the next public release, which hopefully will take place in a couple of weeks.  This is an open access journal for research software packages, and is well-matched to describing the additions made to Enzo since the method paper in 2014 (versions 2.4-2.6).  The current draft of the method paper can be found on GitHub at https://github.com/enzo-project/enzo-method-paper-JOSS .  Given the format of JOSS, this means that it's more of an extended abstract than a method paper.  Comments on the draft (attached) are appreciated, but I really need two things from you by Friday, July 26:

1.  Acknowledgments - specifically, grants or other funding sources that have supported Enzo development since the method paper was published in 2014.

2.  Suggestions for additional research areas that use Enzo, beyond the ones currently described in the paper.  Note that this section aims to sample the breadth of work done rather than be an exhaustive summary.  We're constraining this section to be (A) highlighting different research topics, (B) by as many different authors as possible, and (C) has been published in a peer-reviewed journal, preferably after the Enzo method paper came out in 2014.

Feel free to email this information directly to me, or (preferably) issue a pull request to the method paper repository.

Thanks!

--Brian

Enzo_JOSS_2019.v1.pdf

Brian O'Shea

Jul 25, 2019, 5:39:50 AM7/25/19
to enzo-dev
Dear Developers,

Just a reminder: please send funding acknowledgments and suggestions for additional research areas by tomorrow!

--Brian

Wolfram Schmidt

Jul 31, 2019, 11:17:48 AM7/31/19
to enzo-dev

Hi,

here is my orcid id for the JOSS paper: 0000-0001-5233-8087

Cheers,

Wolfram